Getting out-patient drug abuse treatment services started up

I’ve been trying for a couple weeks but there’s been some communication problems. Hoops. There should be no hoops. It should be so simple that a quivering, mindless, idiot could do it. But it wasn’t easy, and that’s really concerning to me. I intend on complaining so that what happened to me won’t happen to someone in the middle of withdrawals because they may not call back and get to the bottom of it and get the services they need to succeed.

That aside I do my intake on Tuesday. With my primary motivation gone, I’m finding myself saying “just one more time” “just once” “no one will know”. Walking away from this good distance I’ve put between it and me doesn’t seem to bother me at all. If it walked in my door, I would use and that terrifies me. I wonder when I’ll ever be safe.

1 Like

Hang in there @Leaf . I’ve found most services are rubbish these days. Just costs and anything but user friendly. I know it’s so hard but be strong. It’s a good thing for you in the long run and you are doing the right things. Just so hard to let go of chemicals…

2 Likes

Yes, you’re right. Thanks man.

1 Like

I don’t regret getting clean and sober. It is just, like, what took me so long?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.