Getting my first tattoo tonight!

Awesome tattoo! I have over 20 tattoos and I’ve used a few different aftercare ointments. A&D is my favorite, it’s just greasy so I dont put too much on at a time, just enough to keep it moist.

Tattoo goo works great, but each artist I’ve been to has said not to use it for more than 3 days as it can have adverse effects on how the tattoo looks once healed. After three days switch over to an ointment.

Aveeno works pretty well too, and it’s not greasy. I’ve heard to avoid vaseline, because it is even greasier than A&D and doesnt allow enough air to get to the wound. Although, I know of some artists who do use vaseline.

Ultimately just listen to your artist, and there is no one right way to do proper aftercare. Just wash and moisturize and you’re good to go.

1 Like

Got it done!!! I’m so in love. :heart_eyes:

26 Likes

It’s incredible. I have 10 or 11. This is the one of the coolest I’ve seen. Well played

1 Like

Looks great, LED! Take good care of it!

4 Likes

Just curious, how long did it take to do it? Maybe around 1.5-2 hours, I’m guessing?

2 Likes

She put on this Saniderm bandage thing that I’ll keep on for 24 hours, take off, wash the tattoo, then replace and leave on for a week. So super easy aftercare. Lol

2 Likes

Yeah, it was right at 2 hours.

2 Likes

Very cool @LED . Looks great and a really nice concept. Well done to you. They tell me it is addictive…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

It definitely is. I’ve always wanted a lot of tattoos but was always scared of the pain so keep putting it off. But it’s seriously as painful as sitting on fresh cut grass. I’m kind of angry I waited this long. :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, they’re not as painful as some people make them out to be. Though how much pain is involved depends on location. In a nice fleshy spot like that I wouldn’t expect there to be much pain. It does hurt going over bone. Chest gets to be kinda painful after a while.

3 Likes

Looks awesome!!
:metal: :metal:

1 Like

Yeah it looks great @LED! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Really like it @LED you picked a true artist to do it for you

2 Likes

That is just gorgeous!!!

1 Like

That looks great. :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Wow, @LED, that really turned out,

Looks great!

1 Like

Don’t exactly know why but this makes me think of R. Bradbury’s Illustrated Man.

What’s it about?

Haven’t sighted R. Bradbury in years, send him my regards :slight_smile:

It’s a short story about a man who is covered with tattoos. Such things were on the fringe bck then in the 60’s Also he wrote a book about a circus called Something Wicked This Way Comes
The circus theme - of pretty much his mindset.

1 Like