Getting insulted

Not sure if this is something people can help me on this. I am getting repeatedly insulted by my wife. Not sure how to manage the feelings. Sometimes my mother too insults me. I feel orphaned. Though they know about my medical condition they think i am the guilty one, very imbalanced and cannot be trusted in future. And play by their rules.

Its not fair. I am not able to gain my space at home. It affects my work as well. Saying things about separation aggravates her(wife) anger and she just does not talk to me further. Cannot really understand and communicate. Maybe sometimes she enjoys seeing me suffering so that she can make me follow her desires.

Of course talking with compassion and patience would help, but i try that to the best of efforts it does not work. Maybe because of the illness everything seems so difficult and far fetched.

And There is no gratefulness from them for I am trying to support them. They just want me to be what they think i should be. Maybe i am not good at communicating to girls and woman. Its just pure pain in relationships involving girls and woman. No success whatsoever.

4 Likes

I’m sorry. Just hearing your side of things… I say you shouldn’t have to live with insults and/or manipulation. However, without knowing both sides of the situation, I don’t have any advice for you.

4 Likes

From her side, i am being purely irrational and not considering her sayings. I simply fight for no reason is her standpoint. Maybe she is right from what she says. Maybe my mom is right for i am bursting out. But there should be a solution to this endless drama which cripples my well being. They are probably not able to fully understand where i come from and what i am going through. There has to be another person telling them about my situation. Maybe a pdoc or someone close to me who knows me well (this seems to be mssing).

1 Like

Sri dont worry everything gonna be alright…i pray god to give u blessing to get over difficult situation. .u are a kind human being…

1 Like

Is your wife upset with you for stopping your meds?

Thanks man. I consider you one of the best friends i found.

1 Like

I changed my mind for good to restart meds. She is mostly upset because i speak about the kind of struggles that go through in my mind. As i am trapped within my illness and suffering guilt.

4 Likes

Some of those things can be very disturbing to others. Of course, you shouldn’t be insulted for them, but maybe you need a therapist to say them to instead. Or us. Or, if you’re telling her these feelings constantly, she might just need a break.

4 Likes

Perfectly makes sense. She even thinks i should not be on this forum. She rejects anything that says about the MI. It is very caring of her to think i should be normal and i am normal. But for me its hell inside and cannot make others comfy and myself as well for long time. I am going to take her to therapist.

6 Likes

@Melomaniac I recommend you to divorce.
I wouldn’t stand insults from a partner.
If your wife continues to insult you, divorce.

3 Likes

@Erez_Shmerling yes i am thinking in those lines.

3 Likes

If you two are not happy together, why are you together? Is it for the child ? Is it better to bring up a child together by parents who hate each other or separately by patents who can live in peace. The kid doesn’t need to see this. But it’s for you two to work this out.

2 Likes

@anon80629714 Its a very complicated relationship to say the very least. we have been in love hate love type of relation. now its more of hate hate hate. but hoping we are able to sort out the differences as we do not have much options. like we are financially inter dependant. no much support from my side due to episodes. so in real divorce is tough. but eventually we might think of doing after settling financial stuff. for the kid we both need to support for life no matter what happens.

1 Like

May peace be with you and your family, sriharryster.

1 Like

Yes my point is you can live separately and still be involved without the hate and arguments going on. You mentioned counselling for her too maybe good for both of you to go ?

1 Like

Exactly what i was talking about and she plagiarized it. But she loves me a lot. I hate myself and i dont want her to experience all the pain. Will take her to pdoc who seems to be very empathetic.

1 Like

It sounds like you need a therapist immediately and possibly medication. They may help you better able to deal to what’s going on and make a decision to stay or leave the situation properly

1 Like

I immediately went to therapist. Now i am clear about what i am supposed to do. Next visit is take my partner to the same pdoc.

3 Likes

Good on you for being proactive!, sriharryster!

1 Like