Getting high... insight desired

L Theanine provides a feeling similiar to Mary Jane, maybe look into that?

Another one is L Tyrosine.

That’s awesome @anon9798425. Good going.

@DNA Thanks for the recs, will check them out. Tyrosine, name alone conjures up interesting thoughts.

1 Like

Naltrexone is a very helpful medication. Worth a try for any substance abuser.

Na, no synth drugs other than what the doctor prescribes.

Yeah I’m saying ask the pdoc for it.

No, it says that drug covers opioids and alcohol. don’t think it’s along the same vein.

That’s what it’s meant for mostly but it helps all substance abusers a doctor told me. It could change your life. You don’t have to listen but this med is a miracle for me.

L Tyrosine is like the supp version of Wellbutrin. It’s fairly cheap but has a half life of about 4-5 hours I think.

Niacin helps as well. Good luck.

I was pretty hooked on weed, seemingly especially it’s negative effects. The only way I stopped was being admitted to an acute psych ward for 4 months and then moving to the other side of the country away from my weed contacts.

I wish you all the best man. I have never done NA but it sounds like a good place to start.

1 Like

Man, that’s the crux of it.

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty sure I was hooked on the psychotic feelings it gave me. Pretty screwed huh?

1 Like

I’m hooked on mj too. I got a medical card for my anxiety and ptsd and I think it helps at least a little.

1 Like

Done just about anything. Good thing about sz is we have good stories to tell.

I feel your pain my friend! I too have a solid love affair with Mrs. Mary Jane. Doesn’t help that I live in a state where it’s medically “legalized” or recognized, it’s just too readily available here.

1 Like

i used to smoke mj like theres no tomorrow, only thing i would think about is when i could get high again,

soon as my psychotic symptoms started after having severe panic attacks and psychosis getting so bad everytime i used it i used it i just stopped and never went back on it and got on medication to help my mind,

i havent used weed since getting on meds but i have smoked cbd strains a few times but stopped that as after about a week of using it i could start feeling the effects getting stronger and started getting more anxious because of the small amounts of thc which i am very sensitive to, now i dont use it in any form anymore because i know it has bad effects on my mind and i dont want to experience how i felt before when i was on it,

some people dont have as bad of an experience as i did from it but for me it is no good even tho most think it is the safest drug there is

i understand that it was fun before I got sick but afterwards it put me in a whole other level of psychosis.

Smoking pot while psychotic: bad.
Recovery and no pot: good.

1 Like

the fun is the 1/2 of it; I consume mj that is rich in CBD and it seems to counteract some of the negative symptoms. I feel more alert and sociable. one may say it is artificial or a fake effect, but I see it like a super vitamin. I found a product that does disorient, the high, but also provide some benefits.

2 Likes

Well, at the end of the day, it’s your choice to smoke it or not. Personally, I don’t do any drugs or drink and I have no desire to. I would never pick it up again because I don’t want to deal with the consequences and the repercussions.

I know some schizophrenics swear by it but it always makes me wonder if they are like me when I was a practicing crack addict and smoked marijuana on the side. After getting diagnosed pot was never fun but I smoked it anyways. Looking back, I realize that it caused more trouble than it helped.

But I kept fooling myself by telling myself, that the next time it will be different. I was always chasing that fun feeling I had as a teenager when I smoked pot every day, often three or four times a day. But it never worked, I got the same result every time, which was psychosis paranoia, anxiety and just plain craziness. But yet I kept smoking it.
It makes me wonder if all these people who smoke it are fooling themselves like I was and that maybe it’s not the wonder drug some smokers claim it is for schizophrenics Maybe not you particularly, I’m just saying in general.
I haven’t smoked in 28 years and I don’t miss it.

1 Like

Today my therapist said she believes that weed is good for anxiety for some people. I am thinking of getting a medical card for it. They don’t give stuff you can smoke, it is all oil.

1 Like

I found a product that is a cbd rich flower that has been saturated in cbd oil. 40% cbd 10% thc. High on the thc but the cannabanoids really balance it out. It gets me high, which I kinda enjoy, and the cbd has all those ap qualities to it. I’d caution any sz person thinking of trying cbd products. It can def manifest positive symptoms. Good luck

1 Like