Getting back a good sleeping routine

I have this problem that I having for years and it’s I don’t sleep at regular hours. I think it is because of my meds. When I do sleep I sleep for 12 to 15 hours. I try to talk to my doctor àbout it but she does seem to understand. Life would be so much better if I could get on a good sleeping pattern.

Yeah, me too. I’m up right now because I couldn’t get to sleep. Lied in bed for about an hour then finally got up and checked the forum. And I sleep too long once I finally do get to sleep, just like you.

I am so tired of this pattern that I want to go off medication but I know it will end in a disaster. Sometime I think that I have schiz and i am just going to have to live with it. I think for me sleep is an escape from life. I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t this way.

I used to sleep 10 hours a night. Pissed me off I slept that much but I added some decent exercise and now I sleep 8. Routine is the key. Take meds same time everyday. I have activating meds like antidepressants in the morning…ap’s at night. Same time.

Insomnia is no fun and if you can’t sleep then medications can work but are problematic. Benzo’s seem to help some people sleep but addictive and other sleepers can be problems in themselves but worth it if you keep to a routine…

I’m old. I’m now 50 but I’m healthier than I was when I was 30 and newly diagnosed. Routine …it really does work.

Impossible to have sleep schedule on antipsychotics

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.