Getting a hobby

My therapist two weeks ago said I needed a hobby. So I mentioned today about wanting to turn my frog’s terrarium into a bioactive vivarium. Meaning I want to put in live plants, springtails and other isopods in the dirt to eat the waste. Get special lighting that wont dry out the frog but helps the plants.

I cant do a bioactive Viv for the bearded dragons because they would eat the plants and cause humidity to go up.

11 Likes

very nice hobby. do that !!!

3 Likes

I have to wait until its a little warmer to get the plants someone on the Pac man frog forum said to look for organic plants and sent me a list of safe plants. There’s a lot!
I wanted at least one fern

5 Likes

great you have information about your frog…make sure you will create best surrounding for your pac man… this is a hobby

1 Like

how long does they live those frogs ?

Some up to 10 years if cared for properly, I met someone though that has a 13 year old 7 inch female. He said he use to use her for breeding but got out of that hobby when one of his females tried to eat a male

2 Likes

thats scarrry…

That’s why Pac man frogs are meant to be solitary.even breeding can lead to a frog being eaten. They are basically a stomach with a mouth

2 Likes

Can we see a pic of your froggy please? :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes post some pictures!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds like such an interesting hobby, I say go for it and post pictures.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Sounds like a cool hobby to me @cbbrown!

1 Like

Your froggy is very cute!

I think that would be a great hobby! It sounds like a ton of fun.

I want to get back into Rally Obedience with my service dog. She’ll have to learn a few more on-leash turns than what she knows now, and she has to learn jumps and to walk in reverse, but otherwise, I think we have most of it down. She will get an RN title added to her registered name for winning three legs in the first class (it takes three trials- legs- under two different judges with a score of 70 or better).

2 Likes

Thanks, he is about the size of a golf ball.

I hope you can do Rally Obedience that sounds cool. I wish my inlaws dogs were that obedient.

3 Likes

U have how many pets @cbbrown…???

1 Like

Technically just three of the animals are mine. That’s jasper the frog, prince the fish and kaisei the bearded dragon. The other 9 animals I take care of are my inlaws pets.

1 Like

Can u show me ur fish cbb brown…!!!

1 Like

This is prince

4 Likes

Can we see another pic of kaisei please? :slight_smile:

1 Like