Getting a cavity

If you want to reverse periodontal disease, the best thing to do is floss every night, making sure to follow the curve of your teeth. The point of flossing is that it cleans between your teeth, but also toughens up your gums and can stimulate growth. I was in the danger zone a few years ago. Now I’m clear. If you’re unsure, ask your dentist to watch you brush and floss. They will be able to advise you better in person.

1 Like

Lol, did I read a bad guide? In it, a guy who brushes his teeth for 25 minutes(including flossing)at a time is introduced as a good example. I just followed it.

Maybe just an outdated one. The concept of overbrushing is fairly new to the dental world. Maybe only ten years old, I don’t know.

I do, I do.

I’ll have a regular dental check this month. I’ll ask my dentist.

3 Likes

I want to ask you one more thing, that Agent Cool Blue thing dyes your gum?

I have this red dye at home but I can’t use it everytime cos it dyes your gum shocking red.

It dyes everything until you brush it away

@bananatto I think two times ( morning evening after meals) a day is good to brush ur teeth. For about two minutes each time. I also give my teeth a very brief brush after lunch because I also got a shock at the dentist plus I often go back to sleep in the afternoon ( I think bacteria builds up in ur mouth whilst sleeping). Before then I brushed my teeth hard and for a while longer and this caused the gum to recede by one of my teeth that’s why I advise to keep it moderate.

1 Like

Brush your teeth with coconut oil heals cavities and strengthen enamel

1 Like

Oil pulling can be a good supplement, but cannot heal cavities and should not replace regular dental care.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m going to call ■■■■■■■■ on oil healing cavities. Hard NOPE.

1 Like

I didn’t read this all the way through, but she suggests butter oil and something else worked. The website she shares that sells the stuff seems kind of pricey.

However, from the sounds of it you got a dry mouth?

Clean saliva is important to keep teeth protected. For the longest I had no idea. Used to breath through my mouth from being tired and that can contribute to a dry mouth also.

I dry brush now. There’s not much evidence to suggest fluoride protects tooth and certainly it does not replenish any part of the tooth since it’s not made of “fluoride”. The layer of protection from fluoride is apparently negligible. Like one bite of food and that protection is gone.

Anyway, with dry brushing I get a better idea of how my teeth feel. Toothpastes kind of make your mouth “smell” and “feel” clean but could mask a poor brushing job.

This is good to know! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.