Get it through his thick skull

my brother who I got stuck spending time with while I was at my parents. he lectured me a lot blaming me for everything wrong with his life. anyway he noticed I am mentally slower than I was when I was in high school and college. I use to be able to crack jokes at his expense pretty well. He thinks the pills are to blame and I should quit them since the illness is all in my head as he put it.

I tried several times even screaming it at him that I am actually sick and see things and hear voices. it still didn’t get through.

3 Likes

So sorry @cbbrown Ur brother seem offensive …
but then u should focus on ur own health rather then his word…
Just try to forget and forgive him after all he’s ur brother…
U might avoid conversation with him…
take care …!!!:pray:
thanks…!!!:alien:

4 Likes

Man, this seems to be a common thing to throw at us. But it’s plain stupidity! You tell them you have a mental illness and they think they refute you by saying it’s in the head… where to start arguing if logic is absent?

3 Likes

Yes it’s all in your head, like asthma is in the lungs.

Pay no mind. A friend of mine once told me I should embrace being special instead of taking meds. But he takes meds for aids. Anyway, just try to ignore it.

4 Likes

Haha…please dont listin to him…normies feel like their advice is golden but most of the time its all turds…

1 Like

My younger brother is much the same! Although he’s weird and eccentric and not scz providing he stays away from weed.

He likes name calling, so I have little to do with him these days!

However I make a effort to speak to his fiancé every now and then.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m with @far_cry0 on this. Sorry he’s behaving like an idiot, but then again he’s your brother too, so you have to find some way to make it work. :sunflower:

2 Likes

that’s the thing he isn’t a normie, he has bipolar disorder with psychotic features, but he claims weed cured him or that he never had anything wrong with him. He thinks that way until he snaps again and breaks something of my parents.

Ok how bout most advice in general is poop or whatever i said earlier…lol

thanks to you and everyone else. I know he’s wrong but he did almost have me convinced to be honest. but talking to my partner over the course of the week I was there helped me greatly.

2 Likes