Geodon may be losing its effectiveness for me

…or I’m just seeing the result of pushing myself too hard. Dunno. My head is all aliens, all the time right now. Made an appointment with the doc to talk about this and maybe see about Rexuti.

2 Likes

Oh man…buddy, do consult a pdoc. My Geodon crapped out on me and it nearly ended my career. I mean that was a close one, I don’t you to experience that crap.

Rexuti at 3mg is doing the trick, just sleeping a little bit extra (hour or two more) and some akathisia which is tolerable, not that intense. Also some muscle aches but that’s confounded by my past of physical stuff.

Take a break and get the meds right- I had to, and I just came back hungrier for things to do. I think it’s best to take time off the adjust to med changes. I hate having to quit, but I quit for med changes.

I did the transfer from Geodon to Rexulti, message me if you have any questions, I check in once a day if not for a few minutes then for longer.

2 Likes

That’s too bad, pixel. You may need a switch of med. Hope your health problem gets solved soon.

Sorry to hear that pix, hope you get back on your feet soon enough.

I’m sorry, Pixel. I have been worried this was happening to me too. When I talked to my doctor, she thought it was just all the extra stress I was under. I had to take a break from work and take it easy for a bit, but now that the wedding stress is over, I’m starting to slowly come back. Maybe you just need to take a break from some of your seven jobs and fifteen hobbies for a while. And cut back on caffeine. Whatever you and your doctor decide, I hope you feel better soon.

2 Likes

Crazy talk. Well, crazier. Maybe. I dunno.

Down to a cup a day right now. Boooo.

2 Likes

Oh @velociraptor, I’m sorry to hear that. It’s good that you’re going to talk with your pdoc about this. I think you need to try minimize stress in your life as much as you can, at least until you get this sorted out.

I’m still sliding downhill a bit. If anyone notices I’m getting a bit, well, whackdoodley, I would be grateful if people were just upfront and blunt about it rather than worrying about my feelings.

I’ve been doing what I can to reduce my workload and stress, but it’s not enough apparently. Two weeks away from seeing the doc about the med change. Vaping like a motha@#$!er right now, let me tell you. Nicotine is my friend.

Is nicotine a stimulant?

Helps with mood swings. Pretty obvious to me that the gene pool could use a little chlorine. Regular hits of nicotine keep me from taking the cap off the jug of chlorine.