Geodon liquid form?

I have been researching a way to do a slower taper down from my geodon than just 20 mg increments. I came across liquid form geodon. Has anyone else tried it? Does it feel different than the capsule form at all? Does it absorb at a different rate? Does it leave the system more quickly? I’m going to ask my doctor about it, too.

1 Like

When I was coming off two and a half years on diazepam the last of the taper was achieved via liquid meds. In my case the effect was the same but the immediate effects came on quicker. I think once in my system the liquid diazepam lasted just as long as pills

1 Like

Thanks. My TD is getting worse so my doctor is putting more pressure on me to step down. I kept telling him no for a while. I will feel better if I can step down more slowly.

1 Like

Found this ninja:

2 Likes

Thanks! That is a big help!

1 Like

So from what that form says, it still needs to be taken with food, and the liquid absorbs slightly less than the capsule form, but it stays in the system the same amount of time.

1 Like

Unrelated to the topic, but I love how supportive the majority of the forum members are for each other :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Ninjastar I’m on 40mg in the AM 60mg in the PM of Geodon. It seems to be working for me. Are you titration go down or switching meds?

I have to switch because of TD

1 Like

I have been on Geodon since 2003 most of the time at a dose of 240 mg and Clopixol since 1997 at a dose of 400 mg every other morning week. And of some random reason I still have no TD.

1 Like

It is not common. Most people can stay on a med for 20 years or more without TD. I just got unlucky.

1 Like

I am scared of TD. I don’t trust the TD commercials running on TV saying they have a cure.

It hasn’t really been that scary. The symptoms started slowly and my doctor caught it early enough that he thinks it will reverse on my new med.

2 Likes

Hey what med will you be taking from now on (if you’re confortable sharing)? Sorry that Geodon caused TD. It seemed to be the perfect med for you, right?

It was a very good med. I suppose I may as well share my new med plan. My doctor believes my psychosis was primarily caused by the severe insomnia I have as a side effect from my brain tumor. So he is treating me for a sleep disorder rather than direct psychosis.

I have to follow a very strict sleep regimen that includes going to bed at an exact time, waking up at an exact time, never napping, wearing my C-pap machine every night, no screens after a certain time, an hour of exercise every day, no caffeine, etc. I also am taking about 5 different sleeping pills on rotation as well as a super low dose of a mild stimulant to keep my brain fully awake during the daytime.

I am being monitored very closely because there is a real risk that my psychosis will return. I am nervous about trying something so different, but it has been going well so far. The doctor I am seeing is considered to be the top expert in my area for unique brain disorders. Following my sleep regimen is super hard, because some days I just want to take a nap. But I can’t deny it feels so much better to be sleeping 6-9 hours a night consistently instead of my previous usual of 4.

I want to stress that this plan is not a plan for others to follow. It is specific to me because I had a brain tumor in the sleep center of my brain, and removing it caused severe damage to that area.

2 Likes

@Ninjastar Wow - I hope this treatment works for you. And your doctor sounds amazing.

1 Like

Yeah, I am very fortunate that he took my case. He is hard to get in to see. Picture like Dr. house, only not a jerk. He only takes the weirdest cases.