Gas vs charcoal BBQs

It will be that time of year again soon, where I will be able to have BBQs. But I am still a little undecided on whether or not to go gas or charcoal this time. Should I go for the smoky taste of a charcoal bbq or go for the ease of having gas? Is there anyone that has an opinion on which is the best BBQ?

• Gas
  • Charcoal

0 voters

1 Like

I said charcoal but mine is gas. Charcoal tastes far better. I do like the ease of use of gas.

2 Likes

Charcoal is far way better, I used both,

2 Likes

Charcoal grills bring out a delicious flavor, so I voted charcoal. I own a gas grill, though, only because charcoal grills aren’t allowed at my apartment complex.

1 Like

Check out this:

It’s great

1 Like

Charcoal is such a pain to clean up that it makes people not want to bbq although those green egg ones are supposed to be easier to clean.

I like weber gas grills, especially the ones with the sear station.

1 Like

What is the point of a gas bbq ? Why not just use the gas cooker in your kitchen for all the taste difference there is… You can cook it indoors and take the plates of food outside. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

why not just build a fire pit and use mesquite? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, why not? At least it would be more authentic than a portable cooker…

1 Like

I prefer charcoal. I like one that can grill and be a smoker. I will probably smoke some brisket and ribs this year and grill beefalo and version burgers and chicken also.

1 Like

I prefer charcoal but gas has the benefit of being more convenient. I do like the smokey quality that charcoal imparts though.

1 Like

I have a gas grill - it’s easier.

1 Like

I’ve had a green egg. Mine was too large so it was a pain to heat up, but I’d recommend the smallest for your purpose

1 Like

My step father bought a smoker years ago. It’s a giant egg. Those are the best but expensive.

2 Likes

I have a camp fire grill. I use wood from my property. Right now I have a whole lot of wild cherry wood.
I did not vote.

2 Likes

I know several people that had green eggs and raved about them. If you are cooking for a bunch of people, you need a big grill.

We have a weber gas grill and I am happy with it. I am content to turn one burner and cook just a few items.

I am about to cook buffalo chili cheeseburgers before I make another attempt at going vegetarian (again)

1 Like

I have a relative who is a welder and actually made his own smoker. I was beyond impressed.

1 Like

I also like to use apple wood

2 Likes

Yes apple wood is good. I also have hickory that I sometime use.

1 Like

Also a very good choice. Have you ever tried peach wood. I did with pork and it came out amazing.

2 Likes