Game theory

Yeah I implemented recursion, but it exits out of the recursive loop when a specific board state is established, then switches back to recursion. This way of doing it has weird ass side effects tho, and I know there must be something wrong with how it assesses the board state depending how deep it searches or I would be able to make it a fully recursive method

I feel like its something small, like a zero where a one should be or something like that. Or maybe Im misunderstanding completely

What language were you using when you were coding? It might be something weird going on with Ruby. Im trying all the things I can think of, its really getting to my head or I wouldnt have posted it here lol

Are you into machine learning ? And you have option to choose language?

1 Like

did you use a 0 instead of an o in the diagram? my ocd is not happy with this :laughing: :joy:

2 Likes

You got the eye for detail.

2 Likes

haha thanks :slight_smile: i didnt understand the rest of it because im not that smart but yes i did notice that :grin: :joy:

2 Likes

I took game theory at the university, I was an Econ major. To tell you the truth, that class was difficult, if not impossible to comprehend. I attended all instruction and skated by with a C. Looks like you’ve got a better handle on it.

1 Like

hey a C aint so bad in university!

1 Like

I programmed the exact task you mentioned in matlab when i was a math undergraduate. I did it the stupid way back then by coding some 4 steps deep or something. But tbh all this feels a lifetime ago and im not able to level with you now. I went into logic and humanities soon after.

1 Like

Thanks for the fond recollection. I recall having an additional Matlab side session aside from the professor’s lectures. I’m a businessman, not an engineer.

1 Like

@X_Y_Z machine learning is super cool but dont know much about it. Im trying to get a better foundation in conventional programming before I dive into that. And no I dont get the option to use another language as the course is in Ruby :frowning: they have another track in javascript but I didnt take that one

@ThePoet Haha good eye! Not my diagam tho, it was off google images

@gene damn sounds hardcore, Ive never done anything with game theory in any of my classes till now. C’s get degrees! I graduated my bachelors with a 2.6 GPA due to a prodromal phase I had the last 2 years of college

Also I hate matlab lol I dont like the way it handles array indexing it kinda hurts my brain. Its a very powerful tool tho cant fault it for that its great for scientific programming but I usually use Python with matplotlib (budget matlab lol)

@flybottle Yeah I think there is only a depth of 4 moves (past the starting move) that can be played each so that mustve covered everything. So long as it works and doesnt have a massive runtime why not!

Machine learning methods can go deeper.
And you can set how deep one should go.
Python is meant for people who jump in from different field.
Its very simple.
They have set it up in such a way anyone can learn and code with out jumping deep in coding.
I did some coding for image recognition of leaves, and was not 100% accurate but yeah it works.
Since machine learning need hardware google provides that too for students/researchers called colab for free online.
I tried to learn ruby later shifted to python.
Ruby on rails is good for web development.
Python on django is good for social web sites.
I think this forum is made by python.
Not sure, its just the file I tried to download was in those files.
By the way python coding was so simple that I had to just code 20 sets and rest left for the machine.
This was my leaf model: I should play with it some more for accuracy.
Screenshot_2021_1010_100646

1 Like

It seems if you ran the recursion algorithm to its extent and counted the number of successful wins depending on the next move, then chose the next move depending on the number of wins (the most being good), then you would maximise your likelihood of winning.

1 Like

Hmm, to add, you might have to count the number of tie’s as well, in case there are no options for winning.

1 Like

@X_Y_Z wow thats cool! I dont know jack about machine learning tbh lol so thats very interesting. Been thinking of taking a course on it in coursera or something because it is fascinating. What was your training data like?

@Pat6398 In my algorithm, since theres no score in tic tac toe, just win lose or tie, I have win condition set to 1, tie to 0, and loss to -1 and what I do is sum the total of these at the deepest step and send it back. But now thinking about it, I should really be counting them all the way down each tree and summing all those as well? Idk, maybe there are edge cases missed in that approach as well but Ill try it out.

Thanks!

1 Like

It’d be funny if they combined football and Rodeo together whereas you could rope the other player and tie him or ride an animal with the football to the other side de-stress the imaginary part of the Mind we could use semi points give them something to think about when you say the kick was worth 1 1/2 or 3/4 of a play

My training data had only 1500 images in different sizes,
so I generated further images by rotating and flipping and mirroring which was approx 5000 images.
And coverted all images to fixed size.
The thing was had only 99 species of leaves of images.
That it self was heavy for me.
I never knew I could do it.
My friend suggested to keep a dead line and do this.
Which did work out, I was wondering how its even possible, but I made it happen.
Got the data online.
Its fun actually when I do things like this.
In udemy there are very good courses is less price as there is alway seasonal sales going on.
Start from : [2021 Complete Python Bootcamp From Zero to Hero in Python] and I have reached till NLP which also looks easy.
The person who teach is really good.
My final goal is to make a chat bot.
Here is some thing interesting this year:

1 Like

Sounds like you know your stuff man good work. A chat bot would be cool

1 Like

My friend said he could hack this forum if he wanted but he said he wouldn’t unless i pay him a million quid lol, it was when i was suspended for something stupid and i was angry but i was just kidding about it, he was serious though.

dang theres some smart people on this forum lol

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.