Gain weight? How did you do it?

I took my meds and ate something other than vegetables and fruit.

1 Like

seroquel, eat, sleep, repeat

this really is insane . I could never gain weight my whole life. now I’m 20 lbs overweight.

my methods…get lazier and eat whatever you want

On saphris I was on a strict 1500 calories/day and rode my bike several hours a day and still gained 100 lbs in 6 months. That med totally ■■■■■■ up my metabolism.

Maybe this is what’s happening to me too. I am dieting so much with no fat loss! The scale is not budging!!! Unbelievable!!! I lose 4 pounds and gain it back :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I retired from school and forced myself to eat a lot of pasta…

sedentary lifestyle plus binge eating due to hunger pangs from medication

I will just say that when I have been my thinnest I had psychologically been at my worst because the voices were much worse and the Psych Ward was where I ended up usually. A few people there were morbidly obese. But the majority were thin and I don’t think that was coincidental. Buying fatter clothes is better than the Psych Ward, prison, or jail. So unless your drugs don’t work on your symptoms at all I encourage you to take a different approach to the side effects as necessary evils and not be ashamed or feel guilty about gaining weight. It’s probably beyond your control. That’s why I did this thread. Thank you for posting.

2 Likes

If you want to gain weight, I think ice cream and cheese cake is the way to go.

Sorry, are you suffering from an eating disorder? Tons of us are so if you are anorexic , I promise you if you really want to change you can. I suffered for half my life with one and I posted a carrot quote yesterday. You might want to read it. It may help you appreciate food. Because food isn’t the enemy or victor. I’ve been under every med under the sun, and when I was on a weight gainer,I adapted my, diet, when, I was on a weight loss I adapted my diet. I’m on saphris and abilify and just exercising a for 80% of the time clean eating. I look at food oh so differently now. But that’s what happens when you hit rock bottom which I did. I don’t mean to sound like a know it all but my edand sz started when I was 15 and just now feel free for almost two years

Sorry, I’m 38 now

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.