Funny story about Donald Trump's depression book

A lot of which has to do more with defence spending than taking care of our own. We spend more per annum on defence than the next 12 countries combined. The F-35 fighter plane? A multi-billion dollar investment that can’t get out of it’s own way, can be remotely (and easily) hacked, and just costs more and more as stuff goes wrong over and over. This GWoT thing is a bunch of hooey, designed to make Americans crap their pants over things which are not as much of a reality as the gov’t would have you think they are. (Damn, that was a hard sentence to get out correctly.) I think you and I are only to disagree on this one, @shutterbug; you are to the right of me. :stuck_out_tongue:

America has a lot of debt,16 trillion dollars, it started accumulating more after America went to the war in Afghanistan, maybe some economical development has been financed by this huge debt. Scrooge McDuck is going broke.

I am in the middle for the most part given my support for public education, public paid (but with private options) health care, and my distaste for publicly traded companies (I support small business). I just happen to be to the right of 99% of the users here.

U.S. military spending is insane, but so are some of the problems they face. Half the reason Canada has the social programs it does was that my government mostly abandoned military spending decades back knowing that the U.S. would have our back. Sorry 'bout that, but technically I was too young to vote when the worst of that happened.

At some point your country needs to sit down and have conversations about things like race, borrowing, and immigration. That or have more blow ups.

Pixel.

1 Like

But it’s our history as a nation - those people from medieval times are our ancestors. Believe me when I say that if the majority of British people didn’t want our monarchy they’d have gone a long time ago. The majority of Brits actually want them.

Now if you’re talking about real power I’d say Rothschild, Rockefeller, Dupont, Morgan, and Bush.

…and Israel, and the UK, and Australia, etc. etc. Team America: World Police. :-1: There are so many things wrong with this country. Time to join @mjseu in blustery Finland.

We’re accepting refugees up north. Just sayin’. (Bring warm clothing – the air hurts your face and makes it crack for at least half the year where I live).

Pixel.

Not for nothing, but you can keep your monarchy. I don’t want it…never have, never will. Oppressive regime, rich family, and stomping on ordinary citizens are their claim to fame. They don’t care about the average worker/common man.

Actually, I saw where Canada is not sponsoring as many as they used to. Maybe I got that wrong and that it was only about conscientious war objectors. Wanna sponsor me and my wife? I’ve lived in Detroit for a year. I know what cold is. :wink:

That’s true in part alien. I can hear what you’re saying. All I’m saying is, for whatever reasons, we tend to like our monarchy, the pomp and the ceremony and all that goes with it. It’s our way of life even if it doesn’t make much sense to other people in this world.

Okie doke. There are certainly other institutions in this world too that cherish pomp and ceremony. I think as long as people are aware that they are at least playing with fire, then that is something, at least. :smiley:

1 Like

The monarchy is mostly symbolic at this point. You have more ‘royal interference’ in your government down south than we have in ours. (The Clinton, Kennedy, and Bush families are your ‘royalty’). The closest thing we have to royalty here is Justin Trudeau, son of a former PM.

Pixel.

Our government is starting to turn away jihadis thankfully. You also need to have needed skills or willing to work garbage jobs that Canadians won’t (think fast food service) to get in.

Pixel.

I know, I am pretty sure I said as much. I like to point out the fact that this country is an oligarchy run by a couple influencial families. I hate the Clintons/Bushies equally. I want no part of either.

Neither of us will do fast food (bodies just won’t hold up for it for very long being a large contributory factor), but my wife DOES have 2 degrees in Interior Design (not to be confused with interior decorating - BIG difference).

from earlier @shutterbug ^^

1 Like

That’s it Alien - we keep our Monarchy because it’s a case of better the devil you know - if we got rid of them there would be plenty ready to take their place.

And I’m sure the kings and queens want it kept that way too. :wink: I honestly don’t understand the infatuation with popes, kings, queens, princes, celebrities, all that pop crap…etc etc. I don’t care for the US’ style either, but that’s just me.

1 Like

Join the club. That’s a problem I’m staring down. Guess what the only type of job available in my area is right now? Biz is slow and I needz da cashy money. Wonder how long my wrecked back will hold out?

Pixel.

On a totally aside note, look! We kept it civil and supportive, even though we all come at this from different perspectives. Go us! We rock! :smiley:

1 Like

I wouldn’t even try it, man. Don’t play with fire.