Funerals while Covid persists

If my mom in law dies will there be a funeral? She’s on life support now. What happens when she dies?

My cousin’s grandpa died of covid. They had a small service with only 10 people behind masks.

3 Likes

I think I saw something on the news where funerals are now done with protective gear and limited visitors.

Does she have covid?

1 Like

My father died in April. We were allowed to have a small graveside service (10 people max) standing so many feet apart with masks. It was less than 10 minutes long.

1 Like

Yeah. She has Covid. She’s not breathing on her own. Her husband has to make a decision in the next few days

2 Likes

Damn. I’m so sorry.

1 Like

Thanks guys. She’s actually my ex mother in law. But she was nice to me and my daughter.

4 Likes

Is it true that they are cremating ppl who died from covid instead of burrying them? I think that was in Italy when there was too much covid deaths.

1 Like

I have no idea about that

1 Like

They were considering mass burials because you can’t really ramp up cremations. It takes so long to dispose of a body in that manner and facilities for that are limited.

1 Like

The funerals around here all can’t have more than 10 people in attendance. Most are being streamed for others to watch at home. It is definitely a difficult time.
:broken_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.