Functional Thinking rather than Chronological Thinking

Hey, I learned this Functional Resume and Chronological Resume when applying for jobs.

Functional Resume is suitable for those who have employment gaps.
Chronological Resume is more popular among interviewers.

Now, I think, as a sufferer of schizophrenia, my thinking model is somewhat close to Functional Thinking because of fragmented memories, partial abilities and incomplete identities.

As for a normal person, his/her thinking model would be Chronological Thinking because of complete memory chain, full abilities and intact identities.

Well, I do not entertain my delusion or hallucination (I have to be cautious about these), but sometimes I just need to “expose my discovery” or finding in this area for the sake of my ill mind. (Not sure why, though)

1 Like

Did you come up with these because you’ve read some of the better stuff on the nature of sz? All three of them fit precisely into the models described by many of the leading experts since Freud’s and Janet’s day 100-120 years ago… and are bedrock for those from the current day “traumatology” perspective, including…

Levine, P.: In An Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness, Berkeley, CA: North Atlantic Books, 2010.

Ogden, P.; Minton, K.: Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: One Method for Processing Traumatic Memory, in Traumatology, Vol. 6, Issue 3, October 2000.

Van der Kolk, B: Traumatic Stress: The Effects of Overwhelming Experience on Mind, Body and Society, New York: Guilford Press, 1996 / 2007.

Van der Kolk, B: The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, New York: Viking Press, 2014.

See also:

Van der Hart, O.; Brown, P.; and Van der Kolk, B.: Pierre Janet’s Treatment of Traumatic Stress, in Journal of Traumatic Stress, Vol. 2, No. 4, 1989.

Van der Hart, O.; Friedman, B.: A Reader’s Guide To Pierre Janet: A Neglected Intellectual Heritage, in Dissociation, Vol. 2, No. 1, 1989.

Van der Hart, O.; Horst, R.: The Dissociation Theory of Pierre Janet, in Journal of Traumatic Stress, Vol. 2, No. 4, 1989.

1 Like

Wow, I never thought about its relation with Freud’s and Janet’s studies. What a coincidence!
These are solely my collective experience from myself and other fellow schizophrenics.
I did not know the exact words, but I just thought all the mind involves are memory, ability and identity.

2 Likes

I belive I have functional thinking. I mess up the chronology of every day life. I don’t remember what day it is or was when something happened.