From the Museum of Psychiatric Horror, what was insulin shock therapy like?

2 Likes

Might be a false memory but i seem to recall during my first admission , while on the closed ward, there was a very ill young woman who was put to sleep at regular intervals. That was in 1975.

1 Like

Deep sleep therapy?

1 Like

Is this all necessary. :worried:
Where’s the TW?

1 Like

Could be . 15 char

what is TW?..

2 Likes

Trigger Warning …

2 Likes

In answer to your question, yes, I think it’s necessary that we engage critically with the history of psychiatry.

In mid century they used to pick up all MI people,and put them on a ship,that was always been lost somewhere.There are lot of paintings that shows this “ship of fools”.

1 Like

This almost seems equal to my child abuse memories.

1 Like

That’s awful. It’s amazing how quickly psychiatry has changed.

Also,reason why they used to do it is because those people were locked in prison for a life,and with all criminals.Then criminals were complaining,until the were separated in another cells.Then authorities decide to put those people on a ship,that would never return.The term ship of fools was considered different from originally created in literature,but adopted later in meaning of what I said.

The torture of MI patients was not that far back.

2 Likes

Yes,I know you enjoyed your stay at awful mental hospital.It’s same here now :neutral_face:
Sorry @Wave ,do you want my comment erased

They still do ECT. :monkey::monkey::monkey:

1 Like

No it’s fine @anon70049667.
All is well.

1 Like

I think Europe was never fan of ECT.I only saw it in USA movies!

1 Like

Yup it is still here :wolf::wolf::wolf:

1 Like

Yes,I’m sorry just read some articles about it.It seems it started in Europe as treatment.Sorry for ignorance.In former Yugoslavia it was never considered.Eastern Europe.
Except for Slovakia (Dragasek
2012) and the Czech Republic (Köhler 2012), recent
surveys revealed very low ECT utilization rates in this
region (Gazdag et al. 2004, 2009, Hranov et al. 2012).

1 Like

You are not missing anything. For me it fried my memory. :pig::pig::pig: