From 1 to 10, how much have you suffered overall

The first years of psychosis were really tough. I also hated being suicidal. But now being on the max dose of Invega and with an ad, I don’t suffer anymore (but don’t ask the first hour of the day).

1 Like

7 but I really have suffered! But I’m aware that many people on here have it a lot worse!

1 Like

About an 8. But for the sake of clarity - alot of it was self-inflicted.

(i refer to my tagline)

Same here. I have suffered, but I won’t try to put a number on it. I count the days that I was on 40 mg of Haldol as significant suffering. I’ve been slapped down fairly hard by the police. I was kind of dazed for a couple of weeks, but I wouldn’t say I had ptsd. I would count much of the mental suffering I’ve been through as significant suffering. How much of that is my own fault is hard to say. But I never have experienced trauma. Some of the things I’ve experienced hurt, but I don’t think they rise to the level of trauma. It’s really hard to quantify your own suffering. I haven’t suffered like people in Syria or Somalia have. I did go on a seven day hunger strike in jail, but people in a famine have been hungry much longer than that. I haven’t had to deal with my sister getting gang raped by bandits, but if any woman gets raped that is traumatic for her, and her friends and relatives. I’ve never had any kind of cancer. I would count some of the alcohol withdrawals I went through as significant suffering. But I think most of my suffering is about average. I don’t think anyone gets out of life without a few hard knocks.

2 Likes

That’s great! I’m happy for you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.