Friends Poll

Any advice how find freinds after 40

Lately Iā€™ve been investigating into meetup.com

I havenā€™t found any groups I like but maybe there will be something for you.

Iā€™m a little shy of 27 and itā€™s really tough for me to find friends!! So 40+ is probably even tougher.

But Iā€™m thinking of starting a group on meetup.com for people who use electronic cigarettes.

Maybe I can meet some vapers and we can go for a hike in the woods and smoke our e-cigs. But that might be a lame idea. Who knows though.

1 Like

Sounds like good idea to me
Go for it

1 Like

My mum makes friends every where she goes

Maybe since she has friends already she has a higher self-esteem which makes it easier for her to make new friends. Itā€™s cyclical. Iā€™m good at making convo with strangers but not good at making friends. I make people laugh, make people intrigued, etcā€¦ Iā€™m very social. But it never leads to a friendship. But the fact that your mom has tons of friends already thereā€™s less pressure on her when trying to make friends so itā€™s easier for her. I think the illness set me back socially for a long time and now Iā€™m at a disadvantage because donā€™t have many friends, even though I have a lot to offer intellectually and comedic-wiseā€¦these days.

Very wise words goyankees
Hadnā€™t thought of it that way

1 Like

take on some hobbies/classes / volunteer / and talk to everybody you meet

I donā€™t have friends I hang out with and probably wouldnā€™t want any because Iā€™m introverted. I do talk to people I see at the gym a lot though. (Which is mostly guys)

1 Like