“Friendly” Rude Guy

My husband and I had brunch at a local diner today. A man recognized my husband from the gym. He told me the most important thing for me to do is to exercise every day. He also said I need to do squats. Like, what?! Who is this guy?! My husband thinks he’s just really friendly. I think he’s utterly rude!

6 Likes

That seems rude to me. The guy is a twerp.

2 Likes

I agree @crimby! How did my husband not see that!! Oh well. I’ll just ignore the guy

2 Likes

That’s all you can do. One thing that used to bug me at the gym is when I’d be doing a set with the weights, and some twerp would tell me my form isn’t right, and then he’d try to take the bar from me. I really don’t care for that.

2 Likes

Yeah. That’s super rude

2 Likes

I’m sorry. Don’t let at insensitive stranger get to you. Personally I would have kicked him in the testicles, but I’m not that friendly………lol

3 Likes

That is beyond rude and your husband should know it.

What a jackass.

2 Likes

Maybe you are more upset your hubby didn’t stand up for you. You should tell him that.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s rude and crossing the “personal space” line. Like, he doesn’t even know you. He should not be making such comments. Even if he did know you, that’s still not appropriate. Sorry you had to deal with that.

2 Likes

Wow! Just wow. Next time he gives you unsolicited workout advice just act all cheerful, say thank you so much, then go on to explain to him the different ways he can go about brushing up on his manners and interpersonal skills. lol.

1 Like

EVERYONE needs to do squats.

[ waits under couch and watches @Bowens doing squats ]

[ rips out and bites him on the tushie, mid-squat ]

[ hides back under couch and realizes some things taste worse than ankles ]

:nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Rude people get to me. Nothing a wood chipper cannot fix.

3 Likes

:frowning:
Sorry my diminutive dinosaur friend. Should’ve warned you that I haven’t taken a shower in like 3 days. I wouldn’t touch my ankles atm either :dash:.

Hit me up tomorrow for some squeaky clean ankle action . :foot:

4 Likes

“No secret, it’s the meat. Don’t skimp on the meat. I’ve got a real good eye for prime meat. Runs in the family.”

[ coughs ]

2 Likes

Hilarious @velociraptor ! Haha

1 Like

Lol, what he said isn’t cool. He needs to learn to mind his business, sorry you went through that, it’s never fun being judged no matter how nice the tone is.

1 Like

I agree. Thanks @Waffles

1 Like

Context matters.

Did he say it in a rude way inferring you are fat and out of shape and need to work out. Or is he just an exercise enthusiast talking about what he loves. The first is bad, the second is fine.

1 Like

He didn’t tell my husband he needs to do squats, he only told me that which is why I found it rude and offensive

1 Like

Ask your husband if he has said stuff like that to him or others when they are around other people. Health nuts say stuff like that all the time.