Friend is having a hard time since getting out of the hospital. trigger

I found out a lot of things from my friend’s daughter about Paul, my friend who just got out of the hospital, mainly that he was suicidal when he finally called 911. He left all his i d and important papers on his bedside which was found the next day after he was admitted…I guess he found out how scary it is to die and called 911. Now he’s at his brothers house and doesn’t have any hope…I text him every day but no response. His daughter is working on getting him therapy. He is soooo stubborn…he doesn’t know how to live without drinking alcohol…I feel helpless.

1 Like

I’m really sorry to hear that. Addictions are cruel

2 Likes

Just let him know you’ll be there for him when he’s ready to talk. Then only text like once per week. Let him know you’ll be texting him weekly to check up on him. He needs support but may not be ready to discuss it with you yet.

2 Likes

that’s a good idea…I haven’t texted since yesterday…he has guilt and shame probably plus a whole lot of issues he never talks about…

1 Like

just heard back finally from my friend, he said thanks for wishing him well and that his daughter is his hope…makes me feel a lot better.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.