Free will - how much you have some?

Because I have not that much of it left. I feel like i’m more and more doing stuff automatically.

2 Likes

100% free will
50% determinism

Is what I have roughly

1 Like

I have some left, much of it is taken away by my paranoia and anxiety.

I had a bad case of THE PHILOSOPHY and this morning I threw it in the trash. Nietzsche ended up an idiot in his last years. Maybe he just couldn’t take it either!

1 Like

I’m married so there’s your answer.

4 Likes

I sometimes doubt I have enough. I guess the Enlightenment passed me by.

I kind of live by the Popeye philosophy: “I think, therefore I yam what I yam.”

I think I feel like I have free will because consciously I seem to make choices but deep down I don’t have free will. Because every choice I make is determined by a combination of my genes, my upbringing, my life experiences, my current environment, my gained knowledge that I’ve gained over the years.

It’s like a domino effect.

I always say.

And so,

If the first domino is tapped, the last domino does NOT have free will in deciding to fall…

2 Likes

I think free will exists. At a quantum level everything is random and unpredictable. Since your will is a function of your brain, and your brain is made of molecules governed by quantum mechanics, I think free will has to exist.

1 Like

I think we all spend a lot of time on autopilot, but free will is always there for the choosing

I have lot of free will

Everyone has

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.