"Free plastic surgery" at CAMH

Hello everyone. I have been looking for an answer for a while, maybe someone could help. I got an unpleasant surprise when I was committed to a hospital in Toronto - at night when I was asleep a certain illegal surgical operation was done on my upper lip by nurses. When I woke up I had 2 symmetrical cuts and some dry blood on the lip, this resulted in a shortened upper lip. Now I have trouble pronouncing some words, e. g. “telephone”.
My questions:
(1) what could be the reason for cutting my lip?
(2) is this a form of stigmatization?
(3) is this a usual thing to have upper lip cut in a mental hospital in Canada?

Welcome to the forum @kozel. I’ve moved this thread to the Unusual Beliefs category.

@kozel. If you woke up with an injury to your upper lip, I’m guessing that you might have injured yourself while you were sleeping.

There is nothing unusual here though, because it’s a fact that the lip is short now.

It’s unusual to attribute the injury to your upper lip to an illegal operation conducted while you were sleeping.

1 Like

You’re describing a mind that can wake itself up because of its own noise. I imagine you would’ve felt someone doing surgery on you, and your roommate most definitely would’ve heard it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.