Found a new school reboot i like more than the one we had as kids

the newest transformers cartoon show transformers robots in disguise… my little one picked it out… at first I was like pfft our cartoon was better… but not only does this one look better… optimus prime is not a main character… Its about bumblebee coming back to earth… his team is himself a tech robot, a cadet from their home world, a street punk and… a decepticon…and of course 2 humans a father who is a collector of junk and his teen? son… a prison transport ship crashed on earth and of course the autobots their decepticon buddy and their human friend must protect humanity from the threat posed by the decipticon prisoners new found freedom…

anyway after a couple of episodes it has grown on me… they did a good job… kept some of the classic stuff and coupled it with fresh things… I know its blasphemy to say any of the new stuff even holds a candle to the classic stuff… but bumblebee is working with a decipticon t-rex… that’s awesome… the characters and their dynamics are well thought out the human characters included… I don’t think I could get him to sit through the 80s cartoon so its cool he found something new to both of us that both of us have enjoyed so far… its on Netflix I think theres 3 seasons available… its worth a watch for my fellow nerds or those who have kids or are around kids…

3 Likes

the autobots their decepticon buddy and their human friend must protect humanity from the thread posted by the decipticon prisoners new found freedom…

lol lol just kidding. I almost read it like that. had to re-read.

2 Likes

oh crap hes on to us decepticons assemble… you might have stopped us this time boring prime but we will be back…

2 Likes

it took all of the first season up till the last episode before optimus prime joined…but hes not the boss… haha that is funny to me… I also missed out on a bunch of crap… I had no idea about primus and unicron… order and chaos… when did transfomers get a deep sub plot…

1 Like

I grew up with beast wars or beasties I think it was an early non-original transformers cartoon. It was cool.

2 Likes

i skipped over everything after the 80s cartoon…and I was tiny so its way cooler in my head… but I may give more transformer stuff a try if its as good as this newest show…

1 Like

Best 80s cartoon? Ulysses 31

2 Likes