Found a lump in my armpit

How long should I wait to call my doctor?

Call tomorrow first thing, thats serious but you definitely want to be seen by your main doctor and not an urgent care.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is reassuring but there are often lymph nodes in the armpit. Sometimes an infection can enlarge these. I got lumps in my armpit all the time as a kid

4 Likes

I’ve had a sinus infection for a bit. That might be it.

2 Likes

Your armpits are the favorite haunt of boils and whatnot. If you go to a doctor he will probably lance it. What my pediatrician did when I had a huge boil in my armpit was just start me on antibiotics. He didn’t try to lance it. A few days later the boil started to drain, and it drained until it was gone. You do probably want to see a doctor, just to be safe.

2 Likes

I recently had what’s called a sebaceous cyst (it’s a benign type thing) but it got infected and we did in fact have to get it lanced. Which is technically known as surgery in my scenario anyway and it was really easy. Just adding my two cents.edit: it was located in my armpit.

One strange thing that happened when I first got on L-theanine was I got this hard knot in my armpit. It wasn’t like a boil or a cyst. It was like a piece of tendon tied in a granny knot in my armpit. It worried me for a little while, but it went away.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.