Forming the collective will?

sometimes i listen to local talk radio, but just yesterday, i was thinking the whole thing is an attempt to form and shape a collective will, anoint a leader, and to take action. so now im a little put off by it.

so i wonder can we act independently? or do we actually need a collective will to chart the course and shape our future?

2 Likes

I’m afraid I can’t offer much insight. I’ve noticed that most talk radio is pretty right wing and bonkers. Maybe just enjoy it for entertainment value. But if it’s effecting you negatively than keep it turned off.

1 Like

I listen to sport on the public radio channels or my local alternative station. It’s very left centric but it’s inclusive and has lots of different programs that can be interesting. Also plays really good music which is the deal breaker. Try around the band a bit from the talk stations. There’s usually some good music stations that don’t get into the politic around!

2 Likes

I think there is a difference between effect and intention. The effect might be an influence on the collective will, one way or another, without people intending to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.