For USA eyes only...a movement

so basically if you study a us and world map you begin to see some similarities in town names.

in the us you have all these places named after European cities. I think this is a major depreciation of our own culture. not to get too political but I think we need to rename all these towns and cities to something original and American.

when I was young I knew nothing of the world so it didn’t bother me to travel to Versailles milan Athens and oxford…just a close drive away

we need a movement to fix this…you heard it here first on sz.com

3 Likes

#BlameThePilgrims

5 Likes

So we would rename all towns and cities in the US using Native American names? I like that idea. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

If the US split up by the North and South I could see this happening. The south ain’t changing anything.

1 Like

But first change the name of the language you are using into American not English!!!11 :grinning:

2 Likes

What is wrong with enjoying the names of cities outside of the US and adopting them? I don’t understand it, personally. Sharing culture is a good thing. We shouldn’t aggressively try to distance ourselves like that for no reason, in my opinion.

5 Likes

@ZombiePupper no offense. we just disagree. I think original place names would help appreciate the culture.

1 Like

I don’t think the US has much truly unique culture, though. We’re literally made as a mishmash of people from cultures across the globe that we’ve sort of molded into something slightly different, which isn’t even quite unified across the country. Also, what would a specifically American town name look like? Also, I think it’s a bit rude to say Midwesterners are dumb because they chose non-US city names.

No rudeness intended, just curious of what your vision is.

4 Likes

Dude, washington is a place in the uk. Boston is, York as in new york. Hampshire as in new hampshire. Manchester, Plymouth, Northampton the lot…

1 Like

Birmingham AL, is a large UK city

1 Like

I’ll take the next rocketship for the moon before this happens. lol

1 Like

Native American is American. We were here first First you take our land away and our children away. And now you want to take our city names too? I’m just saying

2 Likes

Yeah, all the towns in America should be named, Hot Dogs, Beer, Sex or Violence.

3 Likes

roads are the same too. whats the funnys name you have heard of. for a road.

1 Like

@kuckuckuc @Loke, @Lifer, @77nick77, First of all, people from the United States have to realize that they are not “American”. Because Mexicans, Brazilians, Argentinians, Peruvians, and all of the other Central and South American countries also are and call themselves “Americans”. U.S. people are NOT the only Americans. So people from the U.S. have to figure out another name to call themselves. How about United Statians?

2 Likes

In my country the names are getting changed to xhosa lol.

Its impossible to pronounce the street names if u don’t understand xhosa haha

1 Like