Schizophrenia.com

For those of us terribly paranoid

Hi, if you are suffering from a horrible amount of paranoia then I would like to recommend Daniel Freeman, Jason Freeman and Phillips Garrett on 'overcoming paranoid and suspicious thoughts" a self help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques. It looks so promising and accurately helps to understand why we get paranoid, what exercises bring paranoia to our attention and how to get over paranoia. As someone who suffers paranoid schizophrenia this is invaluable! I found the book on the online bookstore Amazon but presume it is widely available elsewhere.

4 Likes

Thank you, yes, the paranoia is bad, but I won’t go into it. I’m mostly aware of my own thoughts, and can redirect them. I’m glad you found help.

If it’s very strong drugs are valuable of course!!

Thanks for the recommendation! For me, paranoia is a symptom where I have few strong coping skills to combat. I look forward to learning some.

Be Well,

Anthony

1 Like

Hi, feel free to share your coping strategies! :innocent:

1 Like

When my anxiety subsides or passes - My paranoia usually gets better

1 Like

Yes, apparently stress, anxiety and depression are all triggers for paranoid thinking and feeling…

2 Likes

**Thanks!
I keep a list of things for my son. He never wants to talk about it. I`m always waiting for the opportunity!
This will get added to the list! :sunny: **

1 Like

I got this book a while ago and never picked it up, but i will now.

2 Likes

Paranoia seems to travel with anxiety and panic for me… Thank you for posting this book.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. My meds are beginning to help. I can leave the house a bit more now. I used to think whenever I left the house someone would follow me and shoot me. I was even afraid to get the mail, or take the garbage out because I thought someone would drive by and kill me. Now I’m realizing that’s just silly. Who would be targeting little ol me to murder for no reason? I still get paranoid that I’m being followed and stared at from a distance, though. It’s hard to shake the delusions when they’ve gone untreated so long.