For the people who caused their illness doing something they love

My illness was caused from being pushed too hard in sports with shoes that did not fit. I loved it though and would do it again.

6 Likes

I loved doing drugs and that definitely contributed to my illness. I loved escaping from reality in High school and pretending I was a different human being than I am…on the internet. This escape probably triggered my Illness in the first place. Drugs made it worse even though I thought it was making me better. In some ways it did

1 Like

Is there a stigma for drug users? I have no idea. Is it similar to schizophrenia. I’m glad you are so open @Jonnybegood. What were you escaping from?

1 Like

I had every area of my life traumatized from ages 11-14. Before that I had a great life. Then literally everything including my relationship with my family, my ego, sports, became overweight after surgery, my this that and the other was taken away from me. This caused me to escape through a fantasy world where I was everything opposite of what I really was from 14-19. There is a lot of stigma about active drug users. Probably more then sz. But the difference is when you overcome drug addiction you can be replanted into society very easily. Sz and addiction never go away. But remission from sz is more stigmatized still than remission from addiction.

3 Likes

There is no explanation to date as to how Schizophrenia happens but there definitely can be triggers associated with thd illness.

In my case there were two triggers.

1. I loved smoking weed since college.
  2. I was harassed by colleagues at work place.

Weed was the main cause for me that’s what I think.

2 Likes

I was highly maniac and insomniac… f**k depression and anxiety…!!!

4 Likes

I’m sorry you were harassed @latenightsurfer. My coach got in my face really intensely for years. That was my trigger.

1 Like

Did the brown sugar have anything to do with it @far_cry0?

2 Likes

Thanks for the support brosky.

I think if I didn’t do weed while I was being harassed and tormented at work place i would have soaked the pressure but doing weed just broke my mental structure and stability because of the intensification of the pressure from workplace abuse.

That lead to a total emotional collapse.

3 Likes

Are u talking about drugs brown sugar or cocaine.

I did brown sugar for 2 month…

But main culprit was not enough sleep…!!!

Seroquel and rispredal helps me sleep…!!!

I want to lower my rispredal dose to 2 mg…

I take 3mg rispredal now…

2 Likes

I thought brown sugar was heroine. 2 months doesn’t seem very long. I just took 1 mg of risperdal and the thoughts going over and over in my head are less severe.

@latenightsurfer Pressure is my worst nightmare at this point.

3 Likes

I stressed alot at work for quite a while. Made me insomniac and manic. But I liked the job. Still miss that period of my life.

2 Likes

Where did you work @1Dave?

1 Like

Was in a reception for rental cars at the hospital I worked. Had that assignment for like a year. That job did wonders for my selfesteem.

1 Like

Yeah work can definitely boost your self esteem. I got out of the US military like a loser and I’m still talking about it. It really did mean a lot to me.

2 Likes

thank you for your service

1 Like

Hey @TheBest this is off topic but i worked as security guard and enjoyed a lot

1 Like

I’m no hero @Leaf but thanks. I wish I could have served better.

@anon51414962 where did you work security?

2 Likes

In a supermarket called Carrefour in my city a big chain of supermarkets in Europe. It was so nice i liked that job

2 Likes

That sounds great @anon51414962. Did you walk around a lot or did you stay at the front entrance mostly.?

1 Like