For the ladies on the forum: Do you have fibroids?

I was told I have a 5.5 cm fibroid and I need to get surgery called myomectomy. I’m terrified!

When I still had my uterus and ovaries, I got very large cysts removed multiple times, multiple fibroids removed and benign non-fibroid tumors removed.

The surgeries were not a big deal to me. I healed quickly.

Actually, the fibroids and cysts caused me a lot of pain, and I noticed my pain from them was gone after each surgery. It was such a relief until more grew.

The thing is I don’t have any symptoms from the fibroid at the moment, but the doctors tell me if it grows more I will. I’m terribly anxious at the thought of being cut open :frowning:

I am jealous. I have a 7 cm one and was told “You don’t need surgery, it is probably not causing any issues” despite me being able to point directly to where my pain is and confirming that’s the location of the fibroid. Despite losing 34 ml of blood within 3 hours of my period. Despite passing clots the size of a walnut multiple times per cycle.

Sorry, just a bit bitter about all this…

I had a hysterectomy in my late 30s because of fibroids and endometriosis

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.