Schizophrenia.com

For coming out of a withdrawl, I suggest the kitchen

I don’t seem to want to join people in the living room, but the kitchen is a different picture altogether. I’m much more at ease there.

1 Like

In the living room, we had to sit up straight, keep our voice down, don’t make a mess.

In the kitchen we could talk loud, be silly, and slouch if we wanted.

Plus, everyone is more at ease when they can eat.

2 Likes

And the kitchen table is perfect for clingy gimmicks like a deck of cards or a word search book.

1 Like

I loved our kitchen when I lived with my mom and dad. Things were always busy in there.
Since I’ve been out of their house, I’ve had the same kitchen table and chairs for the last 28 years, and can honestly say we have sat in it less than a dozen times.

1 Like

I have good memories of my childhood house - everything took place in the kitchen, it was the center piece of the house.
Today, the kitchen is still the main room of our house. My drug (food) is always just an arm reach away

1 Like

My parents kitchen is the best room in their house. Our kitchen is sort of odd and crammed in a corner like it was an after thought and it’s an open floor plan so it’s like the main room and the kitchen are smashed together.

1 Like