For all the schizophrenic men, how many girlfriends have you had?

I have not had any “one-night stands” because as you’ve stated, I am looking for a “real relationship” and would “trust her”.

1 Like

alright forget it. sorry I replied.

1 Like

I’ve had 3 girlfriends, dated maybe 4 other women for a very short time (no sex), and went to the brothel twice (which I’m not proud of). All this was before 30 when I came down with sz. My longest relationship lasted about 2 and a half years. It ended when she cheated on me because I would refuse having babies.

After sz, I only dated one woman, whom I had honest feelings for, but she didn’t reciprocate so I let her go.

The longer I stay single, the less confident I am in my skills and chances of landing a good relationship. Most of the time I don’t mind being single, and my sexual urges have diminished a lot, but sometimes I still get the blues.

2 Likes

I have had one girlfriend, and I didn’t even know it at the time

When I found out that’s what was going on I ended our contact

Apart from that I have been single

It’s a shame - I will be 35 in a month, and I am still single.

Maybe it will happen, maybe not.

As each year goes by I become less desirable and feel like I am ships passing in the night with other humans

2 Likes

Zero after getting sick 8 years ago.

I dated quite a few times after sz. Didn’t get to have a relationship with any of them, but had like a “thing” going a couple of times which lasted maybe 2 months each. I did disclose to one of them who was a bit inquisitve that i had psychosis. It wasn’t a dealbreaker.

The last 8 years my physical health has been very bad though. I only dated once the last 8 years I think. In retrospect I wasn’t ready.

My main issue has been insomnia, but sleeping better just lately. If it continues it could open some doors for me. I would like to be in a relationship. Maybe some day.

2 Likes

Why cant we get a date after sz. Do we smell off or what

2 Likes

I had a girl I saw quite a lot between 1976- 1981. It wasn’t a very grown up relationship. Then there was a woman I’d first met in hospital in 1979. One to one was reasonably OK,but when she was with a group of other people I’d tend to get the brush off.

I had my 1st disastrous attempt at sex with her. in 1981. There was about 3 minutes fore play. Then she swung round and got a condom out. of a bedside cabinet. There were umpteen in there.I got totally thrown, and it went flaccid quickly. It didn’t help that I’d never practised putting on a condom before. She huffed and puffed and turned her back on me to go to sleep.

I found out quite a few years later that she’d vamped male patients/male nurses/males visiting patients.

My wife was the 3rd one. We met in hospital in 1982. Married in 1986. She developed vascular dementia in 2002 and died in 2005. It was a good marriage, though lack of sex tended to be a bit of a problem. My fault not hers. That aborted attempt mentioned before screwed me up psychologically. I’d go into ultra panic mode re maintaining the erection.

2 Likes

Yea man I feel you. I went through that once, was too nervous during our first attempt at sexual intercourse and I lost my erection. Luckily, a week later I was back on high horses, so to speak and things got better from there onwards. But it was with a nice girl, not a sexual predator. She was reasonably understanding, given the circumstances.

2 Likes

I’ve also been cursed with meeting good, but unavailable (aka married) women and falling for them. It took great effort on my part to pull away from the temptation.

1 Like

I always had female company in my life, nothing sexual, but friends.

1 Like

I have had far too many. I was “serial monogamist” - only once did i cheat on one of my girlfriends.

1 Like

But i dont know for sure, i never been cheated on

1 Like

I have been cheated on two times, and it feels terrible. Even today i feel guilty for having cheated even it was only kissing.

2 Likes

I need to talk to a real live woman of whom I have her phone number, know her real name and see at least a few times a week. (propinquity)

I feel shitty.

Honestly a woman probably doesn’t want to have children with a man who has a mental illness. Fear that the baby could inherit it.

3 Likes

Around 10. Two since being diagnosed.

Never had a girlfriend post-sz diagnosis. But I had a girlfriend in high school/early college. She was the one that got away. But I was messed up in the prodromal phase, and had no idea I was ill. We broke up because of that. She’s married now.

Never had a girlfriend ever but I’ve blown plenty of decent opportunities

Unless you count camp at 13 I dated a girl but that was pre diagnosis

Never really had a proper or serious relationship just had a few female friends with benefits.
I hope this didn’t sound sexist.

1 Like