For all the married sz men and women, share advice here

Piggybacking off an earlier thread about being single, a call to all the husbands and wives: please share something! I’ll start with a little about my past:

single, 2 previous adult relationships. feel it is so hard to see beyond the outer surface. then I realize I am sz and I say, ok, I have potential and I am looking for someone with potential. This is usually looks related as well, maybe she is a bit heavy and has nice features. physical beauty frightens me sometimes, so even if I saw someone who I thought beautiful, 99.50% (do the math) I don’t talk to her. In general, unless there is a reason ? to talk to someone, I usually keep quiet. Need to change this. Sales job is helping. Hanging out with the guys after basketball also helpful. Writing on this forum and my blogs very helpful. I’m getting there :dizzy:

3 Likes

marry for love… :heart:
take care :alien:

2 Likes

I have a relationship that works.

Jayster

2 Likes

I had a nightmarish first marriage (abusive) But I got my beautiful son, so worth it. Anyway, single/no dating for many years after divorce until I decided to look for a partner. Went online, found a gentle, funny and intelligent man. We dated for six years and got married two years ago. It has been really really difficult, but apparently he loves me and isn’t going to leave me. I love him with all my heart. There’s no fairy tale, but I got really lucky/blessed.

2 Likes

I’m not married yet, but I will be next August. I had to learn to stop looking for someone to save me, and instead work on saving myself. I used to think relationships were about taking care of each other. But actually, they’re about taking care of yourself and just having a little support when you need it.

Also, never stop doing the little things, like holding hands and complimenting each other. And always talk about anything and everything, especially if it’s an uncomfortable topic.

3 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart: congratulations for next august :bell: :bell: :bell:
:church:
:wedding:
:rainbow:
take care :alien:

1 Like

Good luck,I hope you get the kind of relationship you wanted,and stay well!