Schizophrenia.com

Fooled by the weather (travel experiences)

so in my travels, i have enjoyed good weather. usually i take trips in the summer so that is probably why. the nice weather gave me a good impression of the places i visited, like oregon, washington state, and michigan. i even thought about and looked into moving to those places, only to read that they are typically overcast with like 70 sunny days a year. which would not be good for me with my seasonal affective disorder. i’ve never really experienced those places true weather and i guess im just lucky we had nice weather while i was visiting

2 Likes

Yeah. Michigan is very often overcast. The days can be quite dreary to some people. It doesn’t bother me, but I know it does others. I like that on overcast days I can easily open my eyes and look around. I don’t wear sunglasses because I need regular glasses and can’t afford both. There’s glasses that change to darken in the light, but they’re too expensive

1 Like

I really enjoy your musings @Lifer . Keep it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah i found a condo close to lake huron that i can afford, but decided not to move there after talking to you, and reading more about it. when we visited it was really nice, i remember the world cup soccer was going on and we got fresh cherries from an orchard and saw some nice boats and golf courses along lake michigan. i thought michigan is awesome, i want to live here, i was expecting it to be much like indiana but colder, but it was nice.

1 Like

We can have beautiful weather in Michigan and beautiful scenery in Michigan. It’s just not really often

1 Like