Schizophrenia.com

Foods to avoid for sz/sza and weight gain

Let’s make a list of unhealthy sz and sza foods.
Also foods that will make one gain weight on antipsychotics.

I went to the grocery store for cereal and found it very difficult to find something without wheat.
I ended up buying organic cheerios but that is not very filling

What the hell am I supposed to eat and still lose weight?

4 Likes

Maybe keto diet?

3 Likes

I did that for six months and ended up in the hospital with a gallbladder attack twice.

4 Likes

Avoid excess sugar.

Why are you avoiding wheat?

3 Likes

I read it was bad for people with sz/sza

1 Like

Anything easily breakable, a type of powder, in your gut such as wheat could make you fatter. So chooose somethingl like protien, oats, whole wheat, and avoid easily breakable, carbs, and powder sources. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Whole grains make.me batty. I miss eating wheat germ. I think I"ll try that one again. Also, yeast is a no no.

3 Likes

I find the worst to be pizza. A Dominos large pizza has a whole days calories in one meal!

4 Likes

The worst for me is cereal… omg… I can smash a box overnight if I am in the mood.

1 Like

Do you really eat one of those in one go?

1 Like

I used to. If I get them now I have half one day and half the next.

I am going to try not to eat pizza anymore, as I have started putting weight back on again :frowning:

2 Likes

I always try to avoid bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and sugar.

6 Likes

Tomatoes and blueberries actually burn calories

1 Like

Processed foods-avoid (just heard a voice saying that’s horrible. Haha I know it is!!! Doesn’t sound too intelligent though, but it’s pretty basic. Processed foods are the worse!

You guys get all fancy with your “food breakdown knowledge”

I try to eat fresh fruits and vegetables.

I’ve eaten so so much processed food in my life that if I ever want to reverse some of the possible damage in me if It is still possibe is
all natural foods.
salmon
veggies
fruits (not apples I don’t like them)
chicken
stuff like that
No dairy

I have read that Fish Oil, Salman and meat as well as fruits and vegetables are good for you. I would try to stay away from food with high carbohydrates. I also think fish oil helps a lot as well.

@Ajax005, @Butterflyy, @admiralbarkley, @nfy, @LED, @FadeToBlack, I don’t avoid any foods. I eat everything and I still manage to keep my weight within normal limits. My BMI is 23.6 And I’m on three different atypical AP’s. All of which are weight gainers. Sure, I struggle to keep it off. But, I still manage to keep it off. Exercise, baby. Everyday.

2 Likes

I’m not a nutritionist but I heard it a few months ago that grapes are horrible and probably make you gain weight - so no grapes for me :sweat_smile:

Most sugar that doesn’t come from fruit or good carbs.

Anything that is overly processed.

I’ve learned that carbs arent the bad guy, its knowing what kind of carbs to eat and when to eat them that’s important.

1 Like

I should probably cut them out. They don’t even digest properly. It’s just something to make my morning cereal a little more edible. Eating non gmo foods can sometimes get boring.

1 Like