Foodie thread

All my direct families are in Japan :confused:

1 Like

We skipped family Thanksgiving because we’re still upset at my FIL, but we went over to a friend’s house.

2 Likes

My cheese pretzel looks like atherosclerosis lol bad times

3 Likes

Thanks @anon47167357 and @abise! :dizzy:

Hope y’all had a nice Thanksgiving :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What’s a cheese pretzel?

1 Like

Just a pretzel. Covered in crazy amounts of cheese. In this store anyway.

It’s called wenzels the store, they do some of my favourite food of recent days

1 Like

Sorry, @Rester , didn’t see your question.

I used to use a rice cooker, but it died. So now I just cook it on the stove top. My husband has recently liked to get boil in bag rice, but for big batches O just cook in a pot.

1 Like

I would like one of those pretzels please :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I tried to make my mom’s salsa Verde enchiladas. Not sure if I had the recipe right.

6 Likes

Haha yea when it was warm it was ‘decent’, :slight_smile:

Hope you’re doing well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m doing just fine thank you! I hope you are doing okay too

2 Likes

Good to hear that.

I’m doing alright aswell.

Got 2 rest days so today is my chill out day

1 Like

Maybe prepare yourself some hearty meal for the cold weather say?

2 Likes

Sounds good thankyou Abise!

1 Like

Y’all have got to try this pinto beans recipe @Zoe pinto beans are a traditional meal cooked in the Appalachian and southern United States

2 Likes

@LunaNoir im getting ready in a while to make my curried cauliflower. I’ll send you some :wink:

1 Like

Parboiled rice is incredibly easy to cook, even I get it right, but of course if you’re cooking just for yourself using rice bags make sense.

1 Like

I’ve just been using them because of the ease of use. I can make 1 serving without any real clean up.

2 Likes

I usually put a pinch of salt and about a tbsp of oil in my simmering rice. Man it adds so much flavor. I know you know how to cook. When I cook I put in two cups water for one cup dried rice and simmer it for 20 minutes.

1 Like

I agree there. I enjoy making stuff from scratch but sometimes it’s just nice to do something easy

1 Like