Foodie thread

I just cut the rabbit up. Now it’s soaking overnight in homemade buttermilk & spices. It’s 230 am here I can’t sleep. Might as well accomplish something.

I’ve never cut up a rabbit before either so I had to wing it. Didn’t do too bad. Here is the recipe you I’m using. If you want to make it. Well the United States is the only country in the world that doesn’t use the metric measurements. Go figure. We’re such an arrogant nation.

3 Likes

Having a tiny taste of red wine because I needed it for my cooking tonight. Very nice drop

7 Likes

I love your pictures!

Because it’s always coupled with your husband portion :two_hearts:

2 Likes

The wine I bought the other day was £3.50 reduced from £4.50

Im having a feeling this is one of the reasons why I got so sick from it lol.

Love this thread BTW…

3 Likes

Oh jeez be careful - cheap wine can be nasty. I only drink natural organic wines if I’m having a splash. Worth the extra money.

3 Likes

Sausage in onion gravy and broccoli cheese- lazy lady dinner.

14 Likes

Having pizza today. Should be good. Going round to mate’s house. Waiting for them to respond to my text. Feel I need something else too not sure what.

Have a good day @schwann :))

3 Likes

Sounds like a good day to me, @Zoe! Always nice to catch up with mates. Hope you have a lovely day and good pizza!

1 Like

That’s a genius plate!

It doesn’t look lazy… many proper steps!

2 Likes

@Schwann it looks yummy :drooling_face:. I’ve never heard of onion gravy. Is it easy to make?

It’s kind of something I invented. After browning off the sausages I fry down some onion and add in some mustard, then deglaze the pan with some red wine, add some water then cook until reduced. It turns out pretty tasty

1 Like

Homemade pizza from a couple weeks ago

9 Likes

Oooh. I’m going to try that. You use regular mustard not powdered? Right? What do you mean deglaze?

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Yep, just regular mustard. A good spoon of it. Deglaze just means dissolving any of the residue at the bottom of the pan into the wine - so that it goes into the sauce. Hope that makes sense!

2 Likes

Just made a bunch of cheese using this recipe

4 Likes

4 Likes

Dan Dan noodles

12 Likes

That looks yummy!!

1 Like

The bokchoy looks delish more than the meat :yum:

1 Like

I’m eating Injera tonight (Ethiopian pancakes). My Ethiopian friend Made some for me.

4 Likes