Foodie Thread Take 3

You have a lucky family.

3 Likes

You say that without seeing my hair. It’s so bad it causes PTSD.

4 Likes

Your jokes cause laughter. Lol

Speaking of jokes I tried cooking today

3 Likes

From scratch biscuits and gravy. Also some sushi and general tso’s from a restaurant.

8 Likes

Shellfish soup with a kind of rouille with baked red peppers, chili and toasted bread.

8 Likes

Chili cheese fries, followed by coffee ice cream with Hershey’s Special Dark chocolate syrup. :yum::yum::yum:

9 Likes

Soy and ginger-glazed salmon with cauliflower rice and half an avocado:

14 Likes

Chicken noodle soup

12 Likes

:blush:

10 Likes

:drooling_face: :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Made this last night, bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole. It might not look pretty, but I can assure you it’s tasty af. :yum::yum::yum:

12 Likes

11 Likes

No picture, but tonight I made my Mexican lasagna, but subbed Doritos instead of corn tortillas.

8 Likes

I made Mac n cheese spaghetti for dinner. Homemade spaghetti sauce with a box of Mac n cheese noodles. It was ok. I followed a recipe for the sauce. I won’t waste it but it wasn’t my finest recipe.

2 Likes

I love Doritos in many dishes. I think they are an excellent substitute for chips in taco salad or adding to tacos. The only issue I have with them is that they appear to raise blood sugar significantly. But then again, what doesnt?

1 Like

Can I also post my weird dishes? Rather than good ones?

I’m still experimenting. I eliminated a lot. My basis is meat/fish/veggies/fruit/nuts/oil. And I get a food box from the farm i work at, with veggies for a week. So i’m having whatever surprise food they put in it that week. It has a lot of food I do not know, and have no clue what to do with.

I just had a breakfast of savoy cabbage with walnuts, olive oil and a bit of pepper, salt and spices. Growing up with bread and cheese and a glass of milk, that is…very strange. It isn’t bad. I have never in my life even seen a savoy cabbage though, had no idea what i was supposed to do.

Next veggies to work with: beetroot (i only know it in the cleaned and cut supermarket version, so: help) and some weird mini-lettuce (?). Inspiration is welcome.

2 Likes

These are Panchos (loaded nachos) from a restaurant called Chuy’s. I HIGHLY recommend them!

14 Likes

Wow. I want that.

3 Likes

11 Likes

Get in line, you.

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes