Food thread

I really look forward to @fatmama 's dinner polls and I’m missing it tonight. Let’s talk about food!

6 Likes

I’m starting the Whole 30 diet next month, and we had burritos/tacos/nachos/whatever tonight for dinner, so I went a little overboard and had one of each! :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

It was so good, but now I’m very full.

2 Likes

I ate a banana but should eat more. I have no idea what to eat. My stomach is bugging me a bit. Maybe cinnamon toast.

1 Like

I love cinnamon toast. Sorry your stomach isn’t doing well.

1 Like

Just too much stress lately. Eating away at me.

1 Like

We went to my favorite fast food joint tonight, A&W. First fast food restaurant in the US, celebrating 100 years this year.

They have good coney dogs, and they also have amazing cheeseburgers. I had a Coney dog, a double bacon cheeseburger, cheese curds, and fries. I ate like a piggy, but I was treating myself.

5 Likes

I used to love A&W root beer floats! I haven’t had their food since I was a little kid. I have fond memories of ordering food in the car and those trays they would deliver the food on that hooked onto your window. Ahhh memories.

2 Likes

When I was a kid we often went to a&w and ate in the car.

3 Likes

Made soup tonight, French Onion. Had a Patty Melt today with my grandparents at my local greasy spoon. Tomorrow I think I’m gonna make ham and eggs for lunch. I love H and E. I could eat it every day but I refrain. :yum:

3 Likes

How do you make french onion soup? Is it creamy?

2 Likes

Well you cut up a yellow onion, or white if you prefer, to your liking. You then saute the onion with butter and olive oil until soft but not fried. Add in your beef broth with the onions as well as thyme and salt and pepper. You let it go at a gentle boil for a half hour or so. Then you ladel the soup into serving bowls, put a piece of toasted bread on top add cheese of your choice to the top of your bread put it in microwave or oven to melt the cheese and voila… French Onion soup. Easy to make and oh so yummy.

:yum:

Not creamy generally but no doubt such a variety exists.

3 Likes

I had spaghetti with meatballs and the wife had fried catfish

3 Likes

Cauliflower soup and spagetti

2 Likes

Cracker barrel chicken and cornbread

2 Likes

What is cauliflower soup?

1 Like

It’s pretty simple, just soup stock with cauliflower beans onion, and something else like aubergine.

1 Like

Today I get my beloved southwest tofu wrap with fruit salad at my favorite restaurant. I am seriously addicted to that. I never order anything there except that. All the servers are used to me and they just ask me if I want my usual today. I guess most people would say it’s yucky because of the tofu, but I LOVE tofu!

Bonus that I don’t have to cut up my own fruit! It comes with fresh pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries, and purple grapes. I would never have the patience to cut all that up myself!

3 Likes

Just had shepards pie and asparagus. It was delicious. I think asparagus is my new favourite veg. Definitely cooking it more often.

2 Likes

I love asparagus! Roasted with garlic, salt, and a bit of parmesan cheese. :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

got 3 slices plain

Don Juan in picture

2 Likes