Following through

Hello again community and friends! :smile:

I was wondering if anybody in this community struggles with following through with things especially with there mental health problems. At times I tend to be focusing on one thing and then it seems to steer me away from what my initial plan was. Then it starts to thwart me or prohibit me from following through on what I’m doing and some of it is pain induced as well because I struggle with chronic sinus problems and tension headaches.

I tend to read a lot because I’m trying to get ready to study for my schooling and get back into the work field because I just cant sit around and let life past me by because I don’t want to feel like a statistic or something or what is said about people who have our mental health issues. Even though some of it is sad but true, none the less.

Anyways, I’m kind of stubborn with my education because I don’t want to sit and have the patients to learn something I want to learn it now while I’m reading it because I feel on and unconscious level my soul is doing it and I shouldn’t have to refer back to anything, but I know I have to learn to slow the F!@#$% down!.. and look things and I tend to fail in this miserably because of my mental health issues because at times when I’m in pain and the mental health issues I just can’t sit still at times especially when it gets bad.

So I tend to give up thinking when the pain goes away I will be able to return back to my studying. Other times its not that bad I can sit down read and focus and not have a problem but when going gets tough and the tough gets going the resistance is just not there with the pain on a mental level. Pain in your head is way different then pain on any other extremity of the body.

Have a good one!
intounknown

Yes, I do. Someone here once said schizophrenia is a disease of distractions.

Pretty much in a nutshell huh…! Its pretty distracting but if you really look at it can teach you to focus harder. Kind of like pain and pleasure, because the pain of the schizophrenia can push you to do better with the resistance it has in your life because the schizophrenia tries to subdue you from fighting in your life so you don’t succeed because of the way society perceives it and its kind of like a war with yourself ya know. When you have this false perception of yourself and maybe its not you but the people around you. so whos crazier?.. Something to ponder… and its the off the topic of following through but it was on my mind so I just said it anyways. Theres some really good books about grand illusions if you look around.

Have a good one!
intounknown