Folie à deux

Is mental illness contagious?

I believe it is between couples :flushed:

2 Likes

I was alone when my illness started…

I wasnt alone :thinking: And my bf at the time thought he had some disease :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed: after a while i got ill :neutral_face::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

So was he or was he not ill?

No he was not ill but thought he had aids somehow. :flushed: He was delusional :thinking::flushed:

Well, if psychosis happened in couples, wouldn’t you get cured now that you have separated from him?
I believe these are mere coincidences…

It is so weird i guess :thinking::flushed:

I had a relationship with a girl with sza like me but I didn’t have it until we were already close.

1 Like

No, or my television viewing would have degraded to watching shows like ‘Midsomer Murders’ and ‘Bones’ as well like Mrs. Pixel does.

:grin:

1 Like

It is bizarre.

Glad I am moving on with my life.

Not directly. But if one person has mental illness and isn’t coping it can affect your own mental health.

2 Likes

Feels like some sort of horrible voodoo magic. This whole experience.
I must be wonder woman to have survived this trauma. :frowning:

2 Likes

Feels the same to me too

I hope you are having a nice day :o) sorry about that.

I’m okay. Don’t worry about me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reading about the link, makes me kind of worry for my boyfriend if I live with him some day.
I don’t know if it can happen to just anyone who lives with someone who has a psychotic illness, but if so, that does worry me! I guess as long as I keep up on treatment with medicine and therapy, I’ll do fine.

same thing happened with my aunt and her husband. both of them were delusional. :flushed: