First rank symptoms

First-rank symptoms of schizophreniaEdit

• Auditory hallucinations.
    • Auditory hallucinations taking the form of a voice or voices repeating the subject’s thoughts out loud.
    • Auditory hallucinations discussing the subject or arguing about him/her and referring to him/her in the third person.
    • Auditory hallucinations discussing the patient’s thoughts as or before they occur.
    • Auditory hallucinations taking the form of a commentary on the subject’s thoughts or behavior.
  • The experience of intrusion of unusual ideas or thoughts into the subject’s mind as a result of the action of some external agency (Thought insertion).
  • The experience that the subject’s thinking is no longer confined within his/her own mind but is shared by or is accessible to other people (Thought broadcasting).
  • The experience of being deprived of thought as a result of the removal of the subject’s thoughts from the mind by some person or influence (Thought withdrawal).
  • The experience that actions, sensations, bodily movements, emotions or thought processes are generated by an outside agency that takes over the will of the subject (Passivity experiences).
  • Primary delusions (also known as delusional perceptions): beliefs arising suddenly ‘out of a clear blue sky’ from a normal perception which would seem commonplace and unrelated to others but which nevertheless generates an unshakable delusional conviction

How many of the first rank symptoms do you have?

1 Like

I have voices arguing about me, making a running commentary on my actions and thoughts, thought withdrawal, delusions, passivity, thought broadcasting

Thought insertion is my main one
Delusions of control
Voices talking to each other about me

1 Like

I just have primary delusions, I guess.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.