First day no cigarettes and I'm going nutso

I never got hooked on cigarettes like I was told I would be, but alcohol was definitely a problem for me while I should’ve been in the hospital. Walking might help you cope with breaking the habit.

@rogueone did the physical or habitual oral fixation of smoking cause you trouble while quitting? Im excessively fidgety and constantly need something to do or play with to keep my hands busy. Been working on quitting for 5 years now but in the end, most of the time i just enjoy smoking. If i didnt like it anymore i think i would have no issue quiting. Just curious…

Day two no cigarettes! I’ve been very very moody and I’m using a patch and gum again. I want to smoke and honestly don’t want to quit but I know that it’s for the best if I do. And yes, I would save alot of money to be able to do fun things.

I’m trying not to fall off the wagon, keeping up with this addiction sure is hard though!

2 Likes

You know what’s good? To quit something else too. 2-3 bad habits all at once, wrap around emotion some kind. And sprinkle with discipline

For instance, join the gym + start new nutrition plan + watch videos how cigarettes damaging the body. Now you have a lot of momentum at once.

I tested it at few different occasions, it works.

2 Likes

wow, dude! you’re superman! :smiley:

I wouldn’t be able to quite an addiction, join a gym, and start a nutrition plan simultaneously.

that would definitely stress me out and make me relapse, within the first few days. :confounded:

2 Likes

When I quit cigarettes I had a hard time, too. I know how you feel. I was so agitated and restless, all the time. What helped me was just keeping busy. I was working a lot (cleaning job), working out, gardening, doing projects. I also watched a lot of TV, during that time (didn’t have the mental focus or stability for reading).
Also, this book here is helpful for quitting any habit, not just alcohol. I read a book about a girl who cured her Bullimia after 8 years, with this book. It helped me with my junk food habit, too.

I strongly recommend it.
Sending good vibes your way.

1 Like

Yes you are the superman! The secret is that by doing more things at the same time, you create more rewards automatically (good chemicals the irony)

What I’ve seen is escaping initial fear can be devastating (everyone carrying different burdens or illnesses in this audience) but it the worth the try.

More things to do, so more discipline required and it actually builds discipline at same time. And again, behavior gets rewarded.

Perhaps there is accountability partner (member of familly or spouse) Giving her/him 1000$ to hold on to. But he/she they get to spend money if you deviate from master plan.

I gave up for 18 months before. It wasn’t actually that hard but I did it during a relatively stable period for me so it wasn’t that difficult. Maybe wait for a time when you don’t have a lot going on and it will be much easier.

I’m on day three and doing okay, the cravings aren’t as bad since I’m using patch and gum…which reminds me! I have to put a new patch on!

2 Likes

How is everyone today? I’m going to a christmas family get together of my girlfriends here pretty soon. It should be alot of fun she’s making food to bring and stuff.

Anyways I hope you’re all doing well and not letting this horrible illness terrorize you or make you want to hurt yourself. Don’t let them do that to you!

1 Like

you have more than one, eh? :wink: :dark_sunglasses:

I really admire you, dude. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Be careful chewing ice. That used to be my bad habit. $5,00 in dental work later, I have vowed to never Chew another ice cube for as long as I live.

Haha my phone automatically capitalizes @Chew now!

2 Likes

I chew straws. . .

J.

3 Likes

I had the hardest time at my moms christmas party today with my sister and family I wanted a cigarette so bad and I have a patch and gum! I cheated and bought some copenhagen but haven’t really been using it at all cause it’s not the same as cigarettes it’s just the same as the gum pretty much.

But I’ve been really sensitive and irritable, I just chopped my beard off with the clippers because of how itchy and smelly it got. I mean my beard is dirty looking, smells, and just needed to go with all the anxiety I’ve been having.

1 Like

Once just decided to quiting smoking. . Didn’t have a reason for it, I just quit… 1 week went by, I didn’t even have cravings for it… 1 week no cigarette, no craving. Then my friend walks in, cigarette in hand - smoking. I casually asked him if he had another cigarette… been smoking since lol.

1 Like

that’s why a man needs a good reason for quiting, before he actually starts quiting, I think… :stuck_out_tongue:

sometimes it flip-flops for a while, before a person finally understands the problem (if there exists one.)

1 Like

My weed man pulled out a cigarette tonight and I was like, “oh look at the time I’m about to bum a cigarette from you”…lol.

I put a dip in though of copenhagen after my moms christmas party with her kids and boyfriend. So I’m sort of rotting my teeth and cheating from nicotine gum.

I figure one dip a day will help me process food, since I quit smoking I’ve been having alot of digestive problems. And that is NO FUN!

So no cigarettes so far.

1 Like

I screwed up and bought a pack of newports. I went through the pack in no time and didn’t feel better or worse…I just didn’t feel anything…and I keep asking myself, (why in the heck did I start doing this?)

I’m trying not to smoke again, haven’t had one yet today and have to start my clock all over again…

Someone said what makes something seem desirable is the way u view it your thinking about it your perspective on it the amount of attention u focus on it

2 Likes