First day back at work

After working primarily from home since March 2020.

Not looking forward to the sensory and social challenges. It gets so bad that I end up dissociating in order to cope.

And I’m the kind of person people like to talk to because I’m quiet and I listen intently. Sometimes people take advantage. It is so draining.

And it’s going to be nearly 100 degrees out there.

:confounded:

9 Likes

do they let you listen to music?

I know that feeling of going places
in your mind while on the job.
usually its the factory jobs I’ve done.

100 degrees wow, bring lots of water.

2 Likes

Sending positive vibes your way. I hope it goes well and you get through it ok.

1 Like

Thanks @Daze.

I have some wireless headphones that have noise suppression in addition to music.

1 Like

Thanks @Leaf. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’ll be fine. It’ll be everybody’s first day too I assume. So it’ll be a bit strange for everyone.

You could always ask if it’s possible to continue working from home. They might say yes.

Best of luck with everything, I hope it’s not too stressful. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

i hope things will work out fine for you =)
best of luck with the first day back at work!

1 Like

This is how I coped at my old office job.

Then everyone else thought they could listen to music, so my privilege was removed, but I defied them anyway as literally open plan offices are the worst idea anyone ever had

2 Likes

Hope your return will be okay. Best of luck

1 Like

Good luck Gamera!

1 Like

How did it all go ?

2 Likes

Good luck @anon1517417!

1 Like

What’s an open plan office?

2 Likes

Are they aware of your condition, @anon1517417 ? Just wondering if you could arrange to work from home, having explained the reason why

If not, hopefully you will adjust quickly with everyone’s good advice and a bit of time

1 Like

what?? you work outside??

1 Like

It went ok. It was a long day, but my AirPods helped a lot with the noise.

No one is being given permission to continue to work from home. My employer has been pretty clear about that.

Thanks everyone for your advice and well wishes!

2 Likes

I work in an office. But I do some walking around between buildings during the day.

3 Likes

my current office space is dead quiet. its almost too quiet for me. and I have to make phonecalls lol. Id rather have people talking while Im making calls :joy: :sweat_smile: new experiences i tells ya

1 Like

Basically a room full of desks and workstations with no walls

1 Like

My current office space is open room but we have walls. Mines in a corner space I can see people if I crane my neck up lol. Quietest place I ever worked