Finland is totally different from the US

For example today when I was at the grocery store I saw the former Interior Minister of Finland, I just said hello, he is very connected, just recently he was at one meeting with the President of Finland in eastern Finland, he was on phone and talked with somebody about some people who are in the Defence Council of Finland. In the US you would never see people like that at a grocery store. Finland is so different.

1 Like

It is actually funny, the former Interior Minister had the meeting with the President of Finland who met the President of China who then met the US President Trump in Florida in this week. This is how connected the world is.

1 Like

Well, people are quite similar, nowadays people have nice cars and things like that, but we are just a small nation and people may be more close to each other, people want to have similar things Americans want to have … and so on … in many US states open gambling may not be allowed but here we have f.ex. automated gambling machines at most grocery stores, people like to play … I enjoy watching …

1 Like

When I was young my family went to Washington D.C. on vacation during the televised Watergate hearings. We saw a few of the senators who were at that hearing on the subway. We wanted to talk to them, but we realized we couldn’t. If they stopped to talk to the people who had seen them on tv they never would stop talking.

1 Like

It is the local election time here and sometimes these political people are serving free sausages to people, I had one today, just By riding a bicycle one can see these people, I always just say hello, today was a good sausage, they serve other things too such as candies, one party would have given me a plastic bag full of candies, but I did not take, my diet. Sometimes people such as one police officer who was in the city council served sausages. Quite good … most parties serve coffee, some have opened their little local offices for this election time and people can go there, once I got one book that was written about Viipuri, where my grandfather was born in 1899.