Finding something to be excited about but then it doesn't work out

Has this happened to anyone? I feel like this happens way too often with me.

Example: I wanted to play a specific video game and was stoked about getting into it again. But then I found out that I can’t play that game because it makes my eyes tired. I just can’t play it.

Example 2: I bought new speakers and a subwoofer recently, and was really excited about having high quality audio for my gaming, but then I found out that the subwoofer (bass) may make me nauseous and dizzy. At least it seems like I can listen to them without the subwoofer.

It sucks when this happens. I need something to be excited about in life.

I guess I can always find something else, if one thing doesn’t work out.

5 Likes

I shrug it off and just hope something else happens when this happens to me.

2 Likes

If you adjusted your monitor, that could help with eye fatigue. More blue or yellow tint, possibly purple depending on the specific issue. And turning the brightness up or down, adjusting the video game settings, etc.

I have to have my monitor blue tinted, and turn off fancy graphic/animation settings. It helps my eyes.

1 Like

Have you tweaked your EQ settings to tone down the bass? Is there a crossover you can adjust?

2 Likes

Yeah there’s a crossover knob. I don’t know what that means but I’m guessing it decided the highest frequency the sub is allowed to play? I haven’t tweaked any EQ. Might try that, I’m pretty new to the world of audio.

I have tried adjusting it to more yellow tint as I read that could help. I don’t think it helped much though… I might try your suggestion.

1 Like

I was excited to do a Masters but it turned out to be too stressful. Back to square one.

1 Like

That’s why I quit working in IT. I miss the $$$, but I don’t need another heart attack.

1 Like

Yes. I have had several good jobs since I have gotten sick and I have lost them all. Still looking though.

The last job I had was remote and work from home and I got fired. It was a really good gig. All the ones I find now I have to move for. Don’t really want to move but am considering it.

1 Like

Sorry about that one my guy, I know you were enjoying it. I salute you for not giving up.

1 Like

Im starting to think a degree is beyond me too, i was so excited but i dont think itll happen for me anymorr

1 Like

It was beyond me for most of my life. About the same time that I finally had thehealth, financial means, and time to pursue one, it was no longer practical. That being said, I’m doing okay. The nice thing about the business world is they are less fixated on degrees than on ability. If you do a good job and add value, you get compensated and promoted.

1 Like

There’s a company in Australia called Fiara. They sell heavy duty blue light blocker filters for TV screens and monitors. I have one on my TV. I think it helps…but it’s kind of a investment and there’s no guarantee it will help you. The alternative is of course to get glasses that block straining light. Gamer glasses with light block function.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.