Finally some good news

:tada::tada::tada::tada:

Just got an email from the realtor for the apartment that we looked at Monday. Our applications have been approved, background checks and credit checks have been approved, just waiting to hear back from one of our landlords to confirm we’re not disgusting! We have to pay first 3 months rent, security deposit, and last months rent upfront because our income is so low that they don’t really trust us, but given that my partner just graduated they’re willing to make an exception. Contractors said they’re hoping to have the kitchen remodel finished by Wednesday!!!

I’m so relieved right now. I’ve been so sad all morning worrying about not being able to make Jackson a birthday cake because we don’t have an oven and now I might be able to!!!

Please spam me with all your favorite cake recipes and flavors and :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

Here’s the fanciest cake I made for him a few years ago. It was a cinnamon cake. :drooling_face:

13 Likes

Wow, that’s beautiful! You’re AMAZING at flowers!

I love to bake. My favorite cake I make is a vanilla cake with a white chocolate or white chocolate lavender frosting.

Here’s a Mickey Mouse cake I made for my sister’s 50th birthday in 2020:

3 Likes

That’s great news, @LED.

I can’t wait for you to have your own place again.

Your cake is beautiful!

Here’s my cake for Jackson:

3 Likes

My favorite cake:

2 Likes

Omg that sounds so good. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

My husband gets me a special one for my birthday every year from a local bakery.

It’s amazing.

But homemade is honestly just as good.

The best one I’ve had I made myself.

2 Likes

Congrats on the new apartment @LED . That’s got to be a relief

1 Like

I am happy for you @LED

2 Likes

I’m so glad your day got so much better @LED!
I hope you (and your son) will be happy with the cake you’ll make in your new apartment!
Congratulations!

2 Likes

I’m glad that you finally got some good news @LED . I know that you have been struggling lately. I wish you luck with your new place.

2 Likes

My son is dead. It’s more of a pity party than a birthday party.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry @LED I didn’t realize. My sister lost her son several years ago in a car accident, it is truly tragic

1 Like

Oh, I’m sorry, I was a little confused and just assumed.

1 Like

No worries. It’s a weird balance of mentioning often enough so people know and not constantly being like MY DEAD SON every time I talk about him.

2 Likes

Yaaay! So glad to hear that things might actually be working out for you!! :blush:

1 Like

Amazing!
Back in the day I loved angel food cake and pineapple upside down cake

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.