Finally have their blessing

to move on with my life. im talking about my parents. it seems they wanted me around when I was younger, they never wanted me to leave the house and move on. in fact they tried to call the cops on me one time when I was going to leave. they have been getting their fill of me lately and have been encouraging me to get a new life. I don’t know how I feel about it. I guess they liked the old me better than this new guy. I no longer have the motivation to leave anymore. if I left I would move to Georgia. they don’t like that though either, they want me to decide to stay in the Midwest, to like it here so that they’ll be a short drive away.

it’s funny after I finally gave up on my aspirations and accepted life for what is is, now there is this pressure to do something and make something of myself.

2 Likes

It’s hard when you can’t please your loved ones no matter what you do. That said, don’t give up on life! I’m sure you have a lot to offer! Take baby steps with motivation to work on it. Like try going for walks or take a community Ed class or something’s to get you going again.

1 Like

I just want to work in a garden supply store and make 30k a year. do that until im 65 then retire and move into an assisted living facility. those are my aspirations. and to watch baseball in the summer.

1 Like

That sounds great! Go for it!

2 Likes

I don’t think your aspirations are unreasonable. It sounds totally doable. Hope you’re able to make it happen!

2 Likes

Having family close is good if your doing badly. Could be a good thing to move out locally or close and see how you cope especially if you haven’t been by yourself before!

2 Likes

Sounds like great goals to me. I say go for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.