Finally, a piano I can trust

Thank you for that. It WAS a funny situation.

wow… Back in November… There was a lot of swirling around in November. My mind was like a snow globe that had been aggressively agitated. The swirling was starting to settle.

It was still funny. There are a lot of things from my huge glitch in november the I can look back on laugh.

2 Likes

I always think its a good thing to find humor in our madness. At least that helped me cope with all the crazy junk I did or said. Like they say, laughter is the best medicine.

1 Like

I hate the piano. It is by far my least favorite musical instrument. The sound of it being played is torture to my ears. Not coincidentally, The Entertainer is the one song I hate above all others.

I love the Cello though, the sounds it makes are heavenly.

Oh and kids, never meet a stranger alone. It’s a dangerous world.

We have an antique upright piano that I would not mind seeing hit by a garbage truck. It is large, ungainly, and too expensive to maintain. I’m much fonder of our digital stage pianos, although my daughter’s M-Audio is a hefty bugger to move. It is worth noting that my wife/boss doesn’t share my opinion of the upright piano, so it will be moved to the new home in a couple of weeks once we can arrange a picker truck to snaffle it out of the doorway of our old home and slide it thru the door of the new one. This will not be cheap.

10-96

This goes for all of us in this house too. Not a good song.

I’ve been hoping she’ll learn guitar from me. Little by little…

A violin made it’s way into our home… that has been sparking some interest.

The songs that stick in my head are usually crappy songs.

1 Like

Wow I hadn’t read this until just now. I’m glad you were able to find her another piano. It rolled down into the street??? I’m just picturing this.

I know what you mean when you think of the piano as retaining in some way these vibes. When I was a young child we always had this really old grand piano that was perpetually out of tune. I can remember sitting at it and imagining where it had been in it’s existence, who had played it? Who had sat here where I am?

Sometimes in the middle of the night one of our cats would feel the need to walk across the keys…we knew what this was but any visitors or babysitters…well this totally freaked out a few of them.

1 Like

I was not having a good night/ early morning… nearly hospitalized that day. The piano was growing in my mind and I pushed it off the sidewalk a little too hard. We do have just enough of a hill.

We were cat sitting for a friend a few weeks ago, and his cat would walk across the keys too… I guess cats like pianos.

Not a piano but the memories of our old piano from my childhood got me thinking about this antique wooden bench carved to look like a camel that was in the same room as an antique spinning wheel. As a young boy I was constantly having nightmares in which the spinning wheel would begin to spin on it’s own and the wooden camel would come to life, walk up the stairs and nibble on my toes!

So I was always hiding this camel bench in the closet and my dad would go “Where’s the camel? I like the camel!” and they’d find it in the closet and put it back despite my protests. That spinning wheel too, it was as if it was haunted I remember…