Feeling of falling through the bed at night

Anyone ever get this sensation of falling through the bed at night when they fall asleep, instantly waking you up in fear?

I get that, and these weird experiences where my mind forgets what my body is feeling, and I feel like my fingers are touching something alien, which also wakes me up.

Had a hell of a time sleeping these past few days.

1 Like

Happened to me three or four nights ago. They say it happens just as youre falling asleep.

5 Likes

I’ve had the falling through the bed thing before. Freaky. Hope you can get some sleep @naturallycured.

1 Like

Sometimes when I lay down and close my eyes I feel like I’m falling, weightless. But not usually related to sleep.

2 Likes

Somebody told me it is a remnant of when we were apes and slept in trees. The sensation of falling makes you grip on tight so you don’t fall off the branch.

2 Likes

I’ve experienced this. I think it’s fairly common.

3 Likes

I have had the feeling that I was falling out of bed at night. I also punched things for no reason and heard voices that I respond to and they wake me up. I think it is somewhat normal, though the punching thing can be dangerous (if you punch your spouse, etc).

2 Likes

Sure I had it, it is very common.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.